Successfully retired at 39. Then investment fail.

Say hello!!
Sclass

Re: Successfully retired at 39. Then investment fai

Post by Sclass »

chenda wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:31 am
Cambodia gang raping women is such a common ''recreational activity'' for young local men. Its almost normalised amongst working class Khmers.

Do you think the sex tourism caused the lack of GF or was it the lack of GF which led to the sex tourism? Or a bit of both?
There’s sick stuff happening all over the world. People will do what they do.

My BIL was frustrated with women since he was a teenager. You’ve asked kind of a chicken and egg question. He is 50. He got off on the wrong foot as a teenager. Things didn’t work out in college. He found third world prostitutes. Rinse and repeat. Eventually his whole concept of what he gets out of sexual relationship gets distorted and he locks himself into this never ending loop. Once he found the Easy button he kept pressing it and lost touch with improving himself.

ETA - women see this guy coming from a mile away and they run like hell.

chenda

Post by chenda »

Sclass wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:00 pm
There’s sick stuff happening all over the world. People will do what they do.
Well there is, of course, but sexual violence is frequently a cultural problem and is far worse in certain cultures than others.
Sclass wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:00 pm
You’ve asked kind of a chicken and egg question.
Yes that's what I thought.

steveo73

Post by steveo73 »

This post resonated with me for some reasons.
Sclass wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:57 am
I can just see my 15 yo self saying, “no way man! Seriously? Is this for real? You did that?”
I was at least 18 (maybe I was 20 - I don't know) and I went on a surfing and camping trip by myself up the coast. There was this older guy camping at the same spot and we had a fire and chatted. He was telling me about all his sexual experiences. I couldn't get laid if I was loaded in a brothel. I wouldn't have know where one was and they are legal in my country. I just wasn't like that and I was shy and introverted.

I was completely astounded and thinking he is full of it and then he told me he paid for it every time.

When I started working and having to talk to people I stated dating and it wasn't easy but it was natural.
Sclass wrote:
Buddy ended up in an arranged marriage back in Thailand. He still gets massages in town.
I have one mate who is in a de-facto relationship but he has been whoring for years. He always tells me how he doesn't get laid of his girlfriend but he also talks about going out whoring. He remembers being young and his dad leaving him in the car while his dad went to the whorehouse.
Sclass wrote:
My BIL does this kind of thing in Tijuana. Perpetually single. Kind of pathetic. He’s 50 and never had a girlfriend. 100% dysfunctional with women. He never had to learn. My wife recently asked him, “why do you have to leave the country to have sex?”

Just saying besides being wrong on many levels, you’re not improving yourself if you do this.
I have another mate who got plenty of women when he was younger but then struggled. He is a biggish part Maori guy. He tried everything for years. He got married and she cheated on him. He eventually went to Thailand and he is marrying the woman he picked up (she was a bar girl so he must have paid for it) there. I can't see it ending well but I also don't feel comfortable saying anything because who knows how things will end up.

chenda

Re: Successfully retired at 39. Then investment fail.

Post by chenda »

I remember seeing a very fat English guy in Greece in his late 50s, with a model-fit girl on his arm of about 21. Clearly paying by the hour. My thought was if you are going to do this at least choose a women where it still looks vaguely plausible.

Jin+Guice

Post by Jin+Guice »

chenda wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:57 am
I remember seeing a very fat English guy in Greece in his late 50s, with a model-fit girl on his arm of about 21.
Maybe he's not ashamed?

Sclass

Post by Sclass »

Yeah. Perhaps his thinking was if you’re going to pay for it he should try something he cannot get at home. Isn’t that what vacationing is all about?

chenda

Post by chenda »

'When in Rome' I suppose...

Sclass

Post by Sclass »

Greece. :lol:

chenda

Post by chenda »

Sclass wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:01 pm
Greece. :lol:
:lol: