Hi from Covington, LA

Say hello!!
EricG

Hi from Covington, LA

Post by EricG »

Hi there ERErs,

I am Eric from Covington, LA. I am joining ERE because I have been fairly enthusiastic about the subject for a while now, and it really seems like the community here likes to dig deeper on many issues related to modern life as a whole, and how to live practically and frugally in a place and time where these traits are less common.

I grew up in Wisconsin, and after college (in 2007) moved to the south (New Orleans). Worked (and suffered) for many years at a government environmental engineering job where I felt my work skills were of little value. Last weekend I resigned, and in a few more weeks I will be out the door for good.

I am kind of starting a new life at 39. As a result of preparing to resign from my job, a past relationship with a troubled woman who stiffed me on a large personal loan I provided them for a mortgage down payment, developing an autoimmune condition, and just a general interest in living simply, I've slowly been accumulating a philosophy of minimalist living and making the most of the money I have earned. By the apparent standards of this forum I have a long ways to go, mostly in the areas of broadening self-sufficiency and developing and finding avenues to employ useful skills, which is why I decided to join.

Glad to finally have joined, and I am looking forward to participating in the ERE discussions.

Eric

horsewoman

Re: Hi from Covington, LA

Post by horsewoman »

Hi Eric, welcome to the forums and here's to new beginnings!

Jin+Guice

Post by Jin+Guice »

Fuck an A. Finally. Rep that N. Shore bb. Lmk when we are going kayaking.

EricG

Post by EricG »

For shore brother, when you wanna go? The kayak's already on the roof of my car.