Advanced Retroadaptics Podcast

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
AxelHeyst

Re: Advanced Retroadaptics Podcast

Post by AxelHeyst »

Thanks @johnsmith! :)

Episode Four: The Lifeboat Flotilla is up.
Here's the yt.

Stories help us make sense of our place in the world, and can help us think about our purpose, our mission. I think industrial civilization is a large ship on the ocean that has just struck an iceberg. Most people are scrambling about, trying to figure out how to save the ship. I no longer think the ship can be saved. I am trying to find and help the other passengers who are also diligently attempting to build a lifeboat flotilla that we can move to. The lifeboat flotilla will not have a fully stocked bar and nightly extravagant entertainments, but it will have the distinct advantage of not being at the bottom of the ocean soon.

The flotilla is why I bother rolling out of bed in the morning.

AxelHeyst

Post by AxelHeyst »

Episode 005: The Wandering Engineer is up. Full text transcript at that link as well, for the readers. :D
The youtube.

How I applied the principles and strategies of episodes 1-4 to my own life, and transformed what was an idea for a webcomic into an exercise in authoring my own life. By pursuing frugality, skills, autonomy, and nonconsumer praxis, I was able to gracefully navigate a layoff and embark on a multiyear (?) hyper-lowcost round the world trip based on helping out and building skills on various ecoprojects across the world.

AxelHeyst

Post by AxelHeyst »

And now for something a bit different, episode 6:
http://tylerjdisney.com/blog/2022/5/3/a-conversation-with-a-belarusian-bazookaman

YouTube link is pending... It'll either be tomorrow morning or in a month.

Arti heard I had a podcast and went "Great! I have some stuff to say. Let's record Tuesday, yeah?"

At first I thought it'd be totally off topic and not relevant... But then we had it and it's not totally off topic after all. At any rate, he's got some interesting stories.

And, good God, I say 'like' a lot when I'm not scripted. Gonna work on that.