The predominant currency of your value system

The "other" ERE. Societal aspects of the ERE philosophy. Emergent change-making, scale-effects,...
jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Re: The predominant currency of your value system

Post by jacob »

zbigi wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:49 am
I realise that a lot of people could afford all the new Audis and BMWs I saw there, but I was thinking they perceive driving them as rather gauche - Law of Jante and all that. That's the image of Sweden that Polish mainstream media has been imprinting on Polish people for a long time - that it's some kind of egalitarian utopia, where people don't want to stick out, because it could make others feel bad (mainstream media in Poland have a leftist twist to them, so they're trying to impring these values on Poles via these examples).
The Nordics are not 100% Green, but rather Green/Orange, so there are still enough people around who want to demonstrate Orange success by driving a fancy car or similar baubles. Still, the majority think of it as showboating rather than something to be admired. The reactions towards buying a snazzy car tends to be "good for you, can I see it?" rather than a "you're a better person than I am and some day I hope to become just like you". IOW, some blow their money on cars, others blow it on trips to India to discover their own inner spirit. To rephrase it ... driving a fancy car is perceived less as a sign of success than an indication that someone is just personally into vehicles.

Slevin

Post by Slevin »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:58 am
@jacob:

Yellow: Co-operation/Co-ordination/Creative re-purpose-ing inclusive of prior primary verbs.

Yellow isn’t just about interesting ideas. It is dependent on the value creation system of the “hackers, hippies, and hipsters” coming out of Green for its existence. To bring it back round to primary terms of Orange, if you are Getting Paid for your independent work/contribution at Yellow, it’s going to be in some weird mix of farmer’s market tokens, recently released crypto, and a link to video of performative art.
jacob wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:39 am
Yellow seems to "trade" on ideas. You might not have a title or money or family, but you'll get invited if you're a "highly interesting person". Think Jon Stewart and Boho intellectuals.

PS: I'm aware of the cross-over problems and that people don't occupy a single vmeme.
jacob wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:56 am
However, money (and I think also the other currencies) ARE useful because they can indirectly be exchanged for the master resource triad: access, control, and optionality. As such it is possible to work from one form of lucre and into another. Perhaps the currency should be thought of as more of a lever... or a way to remove obstacles ... than a way to gain entrance.
Day 2 and my mind is wrapping up around yellow as the weird one because it should also be trying to be integrative. So it should be trying to trade a minimum of each resource while having value perspectives on each as they relate to one's own value system and ranking accordingly.

Maybe something like "I want to discuss this integrative psychology book (yellow) but I still need to generate (orange) money to pay my rent this week and I also have to attend that neighborhood volunteer event (blue or green) to help teach about gardening with native plants and I also have that soccer game I'm competing in later (red?).

I thought this would sound cool or abnormal or something, but it really just sounds like a normal day for the average person. So I bring up the question: Do we all already subconsciously operate inside all these currency spaces every day anyways? Or maybe we always operate in the already integrated Vmemes but not the non-integrated ones?

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

“Slevin” wrote: Or maybe we always operate in the already integrated Vmemes but not the non-integrated ones?
You aren’t loading Red code when you play a game of soccer unless you leave your opponents dead on the field and then claim their women. AND think that’s actually your purpose in life. Etc.

However, one way to integrate Red in your thinking at Yellow would be to recognize that without large wars of conquest at Red, there would not be boundaries around realms large enough for the building of Cathedrals at Blue.

When I was teaching junior high in a very rough neighborhood, the kids in a class I was subbing for were acting up, so the female police officer on duty at the school came into the room and yelled at the kids along the lines of “You better shut the fuck up and get back in your seats, and if you even think about fighting, I will mace the shit out of you.” and nodded at me on her way out.

Slevin

Post by Slevin »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:28 pm
You aren’t loading Red code when you play a game of soccer unless you leave your opponents dead on the field and then claim their women. AND think that’s actually your purpose in life. Etc.
Erm, maybe bad wording. Maybe we operate in the Vmeme capital / currency (or trade good or whatever) of everything below / integrated. Yes I don’t load the red code of “win OR ELSE” but I can operate in the “play to win” category of seeking out the victories (which here are defined as the red currency / capital.

Also agree with you on the integration and understanding of the value of red in making blue possible, and increasing trade, creating empires and peace through conquering, e.g. Dan Carlins 20 hour long exploration on how the brutal cruelty of Ghengis Khan led to the peace afterwards and all the incredible trade routes and further development of the region.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Yes I don’t load the red code of “win OR ELSE” but I can operate in the “play to win” category of seeking out the victories (which here are defined as the red currency / capital.
True, but winning for the sake of winning is a very testosterone dependent and boosting tactic, so Red seems like a highly gendered level.

Maybe the developmental levels of an intelligent species that evolved from more peaceful stock, like bonobos, would look different. But it would require egalitarian distribution of power between males and females, and female practice of sexually selecting males for co-operative rather than dominant (the polygynous chimpanzee) or aggressive territorial (the monogamous swan) behavior. As Freinacht noted in his talk on sexuality, peaceful or functional polyamory can only develop in heterosexual humans after the freeing of “the holy slut”, which kind of requires sexually deconstructing and abstracting dominance in the manner beauty was approached in modern and post-modern art. Unfortunately, women only recently have achieved enough independence to make this sort of playful perspective possible.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:28 pm
Maybe not all of it but at least some of the code. It's amazing how seriously some people take sports. This also goes for the audience which includes both genders and whose hormone levels are literally influenced by the outcome of the game. The "winning"-attitude Red enters with is not to get a Green participation award, to practice their Orange skills, or to score Blue points. It's to make sure that the opponents admit that they lost. Red only wins by making others lose.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@jacob:

I’m probably overstating the gender designation. Teenage beauty contest participants would likely also be operating at level Red. I was a tall, early bloomer at puberty, and I remember being pummeled with icy snowballs by a shrimpy female jock, and being unable to defend myself, because I couldn’t throw very well, and it wouldn’t be ladylike to directly make use of my size to pummel her into oblivion.

Cultural training also often inhibits women from behaviors such as interrupting other speakers or carrying debate to conclusion. I’m bolder than many women of my generation in this realm (Orange?), because I didn’t have any brothers and my father wanted all of his daughters to be lawyers who played tennis and poker.

My general point being that across all the levels there can be gendered variations on trade of most valued currency. For instance, as young Stahlmann has recently learned, women are much less likely to trade money for sex, because they are less comfortable with being valued as money-makers or as providers of financial support. Such an exchange tends to make them feel “unpretty.”