What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Health, Fitness, Food, Insurance, Longevity, Diets,...
7Wannabe5

Re: What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@Alifelongme:

I'm sorry to hear about your macular degeneration and various genetic potentials. However, I think it's great that the additional information you received through your genetic analysis was able to help you avoid pharmacologicals thus far. Did you do any research into the mechanisms of the pharmaceuticals in your attempt to manage through lifestyle adjustments? Was it helpful to have markers such as cholesterol level that you could track in relationship to changes you made?

I've done another deep dive into researching my issue. One problem I've had is that my diagnosis has changed twice, and I have an atypical manifestation of Crohn's. I am going to attempt a homemade liquid-at-room-temperature-no-insoluble-fiber diet in order to reduce any fecal debris to which my immune system may be reacting to a minimum and talk to my doctor about moving more quickly towards surgical intervention. I would much rather poop in a bag than live with a painfully dysfunctional ulcerated rectum. I can't make homemade advanced pharmaceuticals, but I probably could make homemade colostomy bags.