Tasting the Pickle: Ten flavours of the meta-crisis...

The "other" ERE. Societal aspects of the ERE philosophy. Emergent change-making, scale-effects,...
daylen

Re: Tasting the Pickle: Ten flavours of the meta-crisis...

Post by daylen »

@boomly See http://www.cook-greuter.com/Cook-Greute ... 97p[1].pdf

Which is built/tested with sentence completion tasks. Fourth-person perspective matching up with the pluralist stage or green in spiral dynamics. Viewing perspectives/paradigms or fourth-order glimpses of a third-person scenario as "ways of thinking" is a hint at the strategist stage or yellow in SD that integrates past and future of such perspectives/paradigms. Though, if it just opens up the time-dimension, then there are other ways to indicate this in conversation by demonstrating the process. In other words, we are currently engaged in the process of expanding the fourth-order tool kit beyond just the time-dimension by bringing together spaces/contexts/lines into portable modulators. With me pulling in grammar from elsewhere to help paint a picture of what modulations might be useful.

daylen

Post by daylen »

One possible modulation being to insert (p) and (f) into strategic places in your sentences to indicate where the points are relative to their frames. With points being of more limitless interpretation than the more nuanced framing attempt to contain such.

For instance, "it is raining(f) outside this morning(p)" versus "it is raining(p) outside this morning(f)". Where the first is seeking to hone in on the morning with raining being peripheral, and the second seeking to hone in on the rain with morning being peripheral.

With the vocalization being an -ef sound for frames and a -pf sound for points. Now, clearly this is quite weird so MMV. :lol:

Could be extended further into fits, actuators, polarization, harmonization, and unionization where (p)'s and (f)'s can be built up explicitly. Though, it seems to me that actors in specialized situations will tend to gaggle up their own short-hand or context-dependent indicators. Thus such a system may only be adopted by agents that wish to generalize together across many different activities. In which case, being in proximity would allow for tone and emote capabilities that are already ingrained in us deep.
Last edited by daylen on Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

I suggest it's more effective to introduce some specific pronouns (for English).

Vous/Tu (in French) introduces a third-person [here social ranking] perspective by recognizing the relation between "me and you" by modifying the second-person "you"-pronoun.

Hence, one might begin by adding some modified second- and third-person pronouns to introduce a fourth-person perspective. This would be useful in terms of discussing political manipulation. Most politicians are, for example, capable and habitually enter the fourth person---the majority of voters do not and can not.

The reason for introducing such language is to make humans more expressive and capable of thinking about nuances. As such it has to be practical and useful.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

On the "Don't look up movie"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ9c4Az9q-g

I see Don't Look Up as Idiocracy2.

Salathor

Post by Salathor »

jacob wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:16 pm
On the "Don't look up movie"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ9c4Az9q-g

I see Don't Look Up as Idiocracy2.
Timely reference. I watched both within the last month and enjoyed myself.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

I enjoyed the film and the Stoa presentation, especially Marlena’s input. However, Orangevu, I was wondering a bit about why the hate for the predictive powers of AI/Data Science? It seems to me that humans always tend towards fear or disparagement of anything new in the realm of tech or consumerism, but then 50 years later it’s all heart-warmingly familiar or even quaint, like an old steam engine or patent medicine bottle or 1995 Internet.

Jean

Post by Jean »

Language is a social convention, but its complexity is limited by its userbase's ability. Upgrading the language would be pointless, people would simplify it again. Languages provide ashortcuts in thought process. They could help people reach a potential faster, but not lift a population up.