Daylen's Instinctual Dump

Where are you and where are you going?
daylen

Re: Daylen's Instinctual Dump

Post by daylen »

It would seem that I do not care much for amassing more than like 200k and less doesn't really effect my mood much expect to draw occasional attention to possible medical contingencies of the future. As I am pretty happy just doing what I am doing now with slight variations. Working various part-time gigs while tuning into the state of Earth at large. With lots of chilling and exploration on the side through low-cost means. In so far as my thoughts manage to become more popular through writing or whatever, I do not see myself giving talks or promoting much at all really except in close relations. Of course, it is possible that I could change my mind on this. Seems that it would be quite challenging at this point to communicate my ideas in a university or corporate setting as I would be dividing and conquering my mind space to the point of boredom. Not really digging the YT scene either. I sorta dig the idea of writing papers and books, but I do not really care to maintain a reputation within the broader noosphere. If I do manage to develop a habit of writing on a larger scale, then I suppose that it would remain quite fringe as I attempt to weave art and science together. I figure that my work is more likely to find itself in the hands of designers and artist than engineers and scientists. At least at first. Though, it would also be nice to have some feedback from people more embedded in the orange/yellow paradigms. I figure I am not extroverted or pro-social enough to swing far into the green/turquoise or cool color direction, so I will likely stabilize into a kind of yellow/turquoise pendulum. Though, this is concurrent with the skinny dipping into other colors as lines are explored and extended outside my comfort zone.

RoamingFrancis

Post by RoamingFrancis »

Can you explain yellow and cool colors? I have been getting into Wilber but have seen the red/amber/orange/green/teal/turquoise model used. Is this and spiral dynamics a different scale altogether, or just a variation on the model that I've seen?

daylen

Post by daylen »

From https://www.integralworld.net/visser101.html we have:
In Integral Spirituality (2006) Wilber presented a "reformed" SD-model. He had dropped half of the SD-colors from his scheme and had introduced some new ones—without much justification or explanation. For example, BEIGE became CRIMSON, PURPLE changed into MAGENTA, BLUE was out, as was YELLOW, which were replaced by AMBER and TEAL. If you hear a lot these days about "Teal organizations", this is where that expression comes from.[5] This effectively created two different color-dialects, and quite some confusion, among color-coding enthusiasts, who no longer spoke the same language. To my knowledge, not many studies have been written about this revision of Spiral Dynamics by Wilber—from either side of the fence.
With Wilber's explanation being:
As more and more research is done into "energy medicine" and "subtle energies," machines evoking various levels will be based, in some cases, on directly eliciting a particular level of consciousness by resonating with a particular color; it's therefore very important that these colors are in the correct order if we are to elicit the levels we actually want. Spiral Dynamics also uses colors for its 6-to-8 basic levels in the values line, but its color assignments are totally off according to the tantric traditions...
With Integral Spirituality, The Integral Vision, the eBook The Fourth Turning, and so on, I explicitly introduced a more adequate spectrum of colors that match a real rainbow—and thus, according to Tantra, more accurately match the actual energies at these various levels of development.

RoamingFrancis

Post by RoamingFrancis »

Thanks. To clarify, cool = green and onwards?

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

RoamingFrancis wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:47 am
Thanks. To clarify, cool = green and onwards?
No, "cool" are [confusingly] the social/collective colors, so purple, blue, green, turquoise. "Warm" are the individualist colors: beige, red, orange, yellow, coral. (I'm using the old color scheme.) The spiral goes from warm to cool to warm etc. as it integrates (to social) and differentiates (to individual).

Tier2 is yellow and later. Tier1 is green and earlier.

RoamingFrancis

Post by RoamingFrancis »

Thanks. Ugh, keeping track of two color schemes is confusing.

daylen

Post by daylen »

Rainbow orientation being ( infrared, magenta, red, amber, orange, green, teal, turquoise ) and aligning more with an arc shape.

Helix orientation being [ warm:( beige, red, orange, yellow ) X cool:( purple, blue, green, turquoise ) ] and aligning more with a DNA shape.

Both being associated with a spiral shape. Perhaps that helps or maybe it just confuses things more. :)

RoamingFrancis

Post by RoamingFrancis »

Why helix? Are the warm and cool colors two separate columns?

daylen

Post by daylen »

In some sense, yes, as the warm/cool split in preference seems vital to where people settle. With warm being more pro-individualistic or thing-oriented and cool being more pro-social or people-oriented. In another sense, the two columns are intertwined like two spirals in a double-helix.

daylen

Post by daylen »

INTP's split test intention; INTJ's split test instrument.

daylen

Post by daylen »

Spirit is to multiversality as logic is to universality.

Many worlds for breakfast; a single telos for dinner.

daylen

Post by daylen »

The thread that weaves counterfactuals, web3, and artisan law.

daylen

Post by daylen »

Try explaining what you see without shadows.

daylen

Post by daylen »

Construct-aware: I am in a pot of honey, and I am aware of it.

Unitive: What honey? That is a pot of air surrounded by you. ;)

jacob
Site Admin

Post by jacob »

Nnnghh... I very much see construct awareness as remaining stuck in a thesis waiting for an antithesis in order to construct a synthesis as a way out [into unity]. Essentially construct-awareness = turtles all the way down. However, I also suspect that this is a CA projection. That's unity is something else entirely rather than just "applying the same constructor all the way down".

daylen

Post by daylen »

It's fun to pretend. Though, I wonder if construct-aware is capable of preciving a unitive response?

jacob
Site Admin

Post by jacob »

daylen wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:54 pm
It's fun to pretend. Though, I wonder if construct-aware is capable of preciving a unitive response?
Cook-Greuter proposes a dichotomy. Some do, some don't. I fear I'm in the don't class.

daylen

Post by daylen »

Volution wiki is now being hosted at https://daylenjbonner.github.io/volution/

Updates will be gradually made to current branches and new branches will likely emerge. One branch I am considering is the Kosmos splitting into verse and quanta.

daylen

Post by daylen »

While reviewing some of Wilber's work and waking up more broadly, it has become clear that the drawing system being constructed by my avatar is an attempt at maintaining an unbroken/invariant visual model of identification itself across a swath of identities. From a sharp persona/shadow split to a more diffuse ego/body split to an even more diffuse organism/environment split into unity consciousness as split into manifest and unmanifest. Whether an agent identifies as being within a body, as a body, or beyond the body, the agent can be thought to manifest the bridge from the deep, internal point of existence to the wide, external structure of existence. Going inwards produces depth, going outwards produces breadth. Depth and breadth are ultimately mirrored in unity. The absolute point-structure combination may be obscured by internal frames and external maps that cloud the bridge with relativity. With the openness/closure(*) of the maps/frames representing how diffusely conscious/unconscious an agent tends to be. As an agent transcends and includes towards unity, identification tends to scatter such that attention becomes more like a holograph than a spotlight.

A spotlight tends to give rise to a discrete, deterministic stream of moments in time, whereas a holograph tends to interlink time and strengthen non-locality. Something here and something over there may spontaneously interact or fold upon each other. Free will may be referenced as an illusion when a spotlight shrinks to the witness of the holograph, though the witness itself may then fade back into the hologram with an emerging will on a free plane of absolute emptiness.

(*) That is, how solid or how holey are the curves?

daylen

Post by daylen »

So now wonder has struck the role of my avatar in presenting a drawing system coupled with meditative exercises that help identities expand/grow in a healthy and steady manner. With waking up practices meshed into growing up somehow. As care must be given in the unification of identities that harden and conflict upon glimpsing the absolute.