Bz5 Journal

Where are you and where are you going?
Bz5

Re: Bz5 Journal

Post by Bz5 »

Making decisions about what I want is difficult, because as a Mormon I was only allowed to like one thing under threat of punishment.

They brainwash children in Primary. My life took a very different turn when I began to understand the lies I have been told, internalized lies.

theanimal

Post by theanimal »

Congrats on the positive steps forward!

Have you considered doing both? Working a job, maybe part time, while you try to do the mobile welding business again?

Bz5

Post by Bz5 »

That is the plan right now.

Self employment over ERE right now.

I chose welding for many factors. it has a big upside for cash. High barrier to entry via skill, but equipment is low cost comparatively.

I want a miller 325. I will mount it behind the cab. They are 3000 used.

My truck will be a rolling showcase, with a flatbed and suspension setup. That way people will know what they are buying when they hire me.

I went to Silicon Valley for 3 months. I was there, and I interviewed people in those jobs. Many of those tech jobs require me to do things that I feel are morally wrong against other humans, invasion of privacy, collection of data on people. I no longer want to work in computers in that capacity. I would rather be self employed as a welder.

I can make more money faster as a welder than by working several tech jobs, wasting my life in tech support. Entry level bullshit.

Transportation:

Welding truck for income

Housing:

Living in back of welding truck in balmy dry hot weather, which I love. warm nights all year.

I am going to get a second truck and hire someone to run that when the time comes.

Food:

I go to the buffet once per day. It's 12 bucks. Golden corral. I eat a huge nutritious meal. They have Turkey and salad bar. Fresh vegetables.

I can't cook for myself at that price. It sits at the perfect intersection for me of time, money, energy. I can think straight now.

I am going to work at amazon fulfillment center. It is 3 12 hour shifts, 17.90 per hour. I am going to work that until i get the truck set up for welding. Then I will weld until it takes off. When it takes off i will quit the job.

I am work trading at a makerspace, and just down the road is a cheap mma gym. 1400 per year to learn striking and grappling, with weights.

So I have access to a shop, and I will learn to defend myself. My year is spoken for. I may spend 2 years here. It's nice and warm.

Bz5

Post by Bz5 »

zbigi, you asked about buttmushroom/assmushroom.

It's a multimedia project I've been working on surrounding the butt-ninja clan.

It's a doom mod.

All of the weapons in the mod shoot backwards, so you have to turn your back to the enemy to blow them away.

Anthropormorphic asses abound.

How do i put images up here?

Gilberto de Piento

Post by Gilberto de Piento »

Bz5 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:59 pm
How do i put images up here?
Host the pics somewhere like imgur.com. Copy the link to the image into your ERE post, being sure to surround the link with the IMG code (click the insert image button in the post editor to get the code). The pic will show up in your post instead of the link.

Glad you are getting things sorted out. Apologies if I said this before but consider therapy to help with some of the problems you mentioned brought on by the religious upbringing.

AxelHeyst

Post by AxelHeyst »

You sound like a great candidate for semiERE :)

No need to think you “aren’t” ere, or aren’t pursuing it. You just happen to be not pursueing the strategy of rapid accumulation to FI as soon as possible. All the principles of ERE can (should? Should!) be applied to a lifestyle design that doesn’t have “FI ASAP” as goal #1.

Bz5

Post by Bz5 »

Gilberto,

I will definitely get therapy. I am put together enough to become self employed.

Axelheyst,

I am going for semi-ere then. I want enough money to break even month to month in a low col country. So whatever that amount is per year.

That way if i lose everything and live on a bicycle i can still eat in America, or get a cheap flight out to sumatra

Bz5

Post by Bz5 »

I have a few therapists in mind that deal with religious people leaving cults. They cost quite a bit, but I feel they will help more in the long run.

It's like 120 per hour, so I would do a session per week or so. I definitely need the therapy. 25 years in a cult not by choice is chilling to me.

Bz5

Post by Bz5 »

I want more certifications. If I had more certifications (1500 dollar ones) I could do quite a bit.

Certs would make the job part of the equation more interesting.

Fitness- NASM-- I will get this one here, and trade the Amazon job for a gym job.

Security-- Guard card-get this one here too.

Diving--- Going to florida to get this. I also want to wrestle gators while I am there, get practice.

Welding certs.

Passport: Need to plan a trip to south dakota, where I am a citizen.

I need to go overseas. In order to understand the life I have when FI. That will put things in perspective.

Bz5

Post by Bz5 »

Concept art for boss:

Bz5

Post by Bz5 »

I have a proto alpha .wad if someone is interested.

mountainFrugal

Post by mountainFrugal »

Love this concept art! Any more?

unemployable

Post by unemployable »

Welcome back. I missed you.
Bz5 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:59 am
I also got 4wding out of my system. I went on a 4wd excursion all day with the Tucson Rough riders. After looking at what they do, it was uncomfortable. I would rather have the health to be on foot, foraging for food.
On some of the most notorious 4wd roads in Colorado, such as Lake Como and Black Bear, I can hike faster than they can drive. In both directions, wearing a full pack with camping gear. So the purpose is to do it to say you've done it, the challenge of accomplishment. Not that hiking itself is different in that regard. But I never had to worry about busting my oil pan in the process.

Bz5

Post by Bz5 »

Good to hear from you again, Unemployable.

I still like cars, because I rely on them for housing right now in the American system. Renting contracts that I am investigating feel like bending over and taking it in the behind.

The kinds of 4wd that I still want to learn as skillset is controlling a vehicle in heavily eroded forest service situations/south american style bad roads. I will move to the 3rd world when I retire, and I want to live out of a Toyota van there.

The other thing I want to learn from cars is welding and engine management.

There is a soft reason I am putting time into this truck, and that is the solid axle swap goal has kept me from depression and suicide. When I work toward this goal with the car I feel better. It's an external goal with benefits in welding skill development.

If the car crashes, so be it. I made a deal with myself about the goal.

1. It has to be fabricated/junkyard parts mostly (Because in the third world that is what is available)

(Also, there is no sense of sport when everything is a bought item. It is uninteresting to buy everything with an 100 percent project success rate.
2. If the car crashes, I will drop the goal and make the new sedan my nice house and go to the gym instead, get my ACE and become a trainer instead of a welder first. Also, a Lincon 250 will fit into a Mazda 2 hatch with sleeping room. tiny welding trailers are also an option.

3. If I complete the goal, I know I will get bored of it. All the lego building fun will be gone. SAS toyota trucks do go for good money. People want them way more than the 4x4 ifs trucks, so I am not totally out that way. I would be happy to sell it when it was done/better solutions found.

I am convinced that cars are going to be in my life my whole life. They may go full electric. They will be proprietary for a time, and I am sure that the iron curtain of social electronic controls will collapse and open platforms will become common.

Cars will leave my life when I am at the level of semi- fi that I can eat everyday and not have to worry. A roof over my head is negotiable provided good climate.

That is at the 425 dollar per month level.

The guys that do black bear pass, that is not really a challenge compared to hiking it. Resource management skills are more intense when your own body is involved.

Bz5

Post by Bz5 »

I have an alpha alpha .wad file if someone has a copy of GZdoom. PM me and I will send it to you. It has examples of enemies.

Bz5

Post by Bz5 »

The small red ones are so violent I will keep those. They are genital warts that attack the player at waist region haha.

Bz5

Post by Bz5 »

Okay, I hosted it on Wadhosting.com.

It's specifically for Doom Mods, it's a no bullshit safe link.

https://wadhosting.com/Wad/DE259CD2E646 ... CD0BD79A8A

So if you have a copy of GZdoom, and a Doom2 iwad, you can play it.

Bz5

Post by Bz5 »

I just found out that engine drive welders in unknown condition go for cheap.

My generalist skill is at the level required to fix engine drive welder EASY.

I am finding older ones, good ones for 1000 or so. No one wants to deal with them.

They can't do the newest processes, which is okay, my primary goal is to focus on stick welding.

That really cuts my costs.

macg

Post by macg »

Welcome back, what happened to the bike touring plans?

Bz5

Post by Bz5 »

Tucson has a top-notch bicycling road network with HUGE shoulders.

I am training on my bicycle to put on the miles.

I am at peace about it, the first draft of my plans were laid in a resource dearth, so now that more abundance is present, I want to work up to 60 miles in one go, twice per week without it affecting anything.

When the ability is present the tour will be easy and functional.