Just KRUMPn

Say hello!!
KRUMPn

Just KRUMPn

Post by KRUMPn »

Yoooo!
I finally decided to join the conversation after many years of lurking and watching so many of you succeed. I plan on starting up a journal soon for accountability plus a little advice to figure out what the hell I’m doing.

A little background:
I’m 29 years old approaching FI here in a couple months. Currently working in software for insurance, which has been pretty chill, even if the pay isn’t as high as it could be. Eight hours and done with no extracurricular expectations has been a true blessing!

I found ERE at 22 and bought in whole hog. While I’m nowhere near the 1 JAFI mark I’m striving! I’ll be interested to learn from you all, especially as I transition away from full time work.

2Birds1Stone

Re: Just KRUMPn

Post by 2Birds1Stone »

Welcome.

Outside of working and saving/investing money, what have you been focusing on these past 7 years? Are you based in the USA? What are your goals/plans after pulling the plug on FT work?

AxelHeyst

Post by AxelHeyst »

Welcome! I'm looking forward to your journal - I'm mildly obsessed with people going through the FTE>FI transition, and doing it at ~30 is so rare. Congrats.

KRUMPn

Post by KRUMPn »

@2B1S
Mostly over the last 7 years I’ve been learning skills that are disparate but interesting to me. This includes bicycle building/repair, sprout “farming” (in the jar farm of course), kratky hydroponics, fermenting vegetables and dairy, mead making with the yeastie boys and other random homesteading (apartment steading?) type things. I am in the middle of the US (SD). After FT work ends my plans are to take off in my truck that I’ve built into a mini camper and travel around the US. Ideally I would like to do this mostly on dirt/side roads (I just found out about the TransAm trail and that got me stoked to try something similar). Eventually I want to try my hand at liveaboard sailing (ironically for someone living near the North American continental pole of inaccessibility), but I’m not sure if that entails the Pacific or the Atlantic at this point. One project I would like to work on is finding ways to grow food while being mobile. Unfortunately I feel like I’m in limbo while I wait to finish up work in March. Damn bonus enticed me to stay longer than originally planned.

@2B1S and AH
I appreciate the welcome! I have been following along with both of your journals for a while now. It’s been inspiring to see how you have both progressed so much. Even if I don’t always understand what the hell is going on in @AH’s charts and graphs sometimes.