Six Flags as a budget meal source

Ask your investment, budget, and other money related questions here
GandK

Six Flags as a budget meal source

Post by GandK »

Saw this, thought of y'all. :lol:

A California engineer has figured out how to make the most out of a $150 Six Flags pass (spoiler: two meals a day)

Points for creativity?

I wasn't sure whether to put this article in Money or in Health (as in, probable lack thereof). I opted for the former because that was clearly the focus of this engineer.

mountainFrugal

Re: Six Flags as a budget meal source

Post by mountainFrugal »

This is a funny onion article.

[edit] apparently not the onion. lol.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

Points awarded. However, does one also not require an additional pass to get inside the park? Still, the price is hard to beat, even with rice and lentils :-P ... of course those burgers may come back to bite later on (lifestyle diseases).

Another solution to cheap fastfood might be slinging burgers at a fastfood joint. These days the franchises have realized they need to make a better offer than minimum wage and so will throw in "free food". No idea how many hours one needs to work in order to eat the company fare though.

Each proposal would have to run through the "total cost including incidentals like transport-total benefits from e.g. exercise walking to the place"/"total time spent including transport and waiting in line".

ducknald_don

Post by ducknald_don »

I'm kind of surprised you can get an annual pass for just $150, let alone with free food included.

theanimal

Post by theanimal »

@Jacob, that IS the annual pass to get inside the park.

Healthiness of food aside, that's impressive. Looks like he had to reduce it to one meal a day once he met his wife. I guess they're only a one pass household :lol: .

Ego

Post by Ego »

ducknald_don wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:18 pm
I'm kind of surprised you can get an annual pass for just $150, let alone with free food included.
Me too. Looks like they changed it to 50% off food now for the Diamond Elite pass at $18.85/mo. I am surprised that the basic 2022 annual pass which includes parking is only $95. We have relatives who get Disneyland passes every year at $1000pp. They have to make reservations and most of the holidays are not included in the pass.

Laura Ingalls

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I think this was mentioned in this thread

Probably not the same person.

viewtopic.php?t=12001&start=40