Princes of the Yen

Intended for constructive conversations. Exhibits of polarizing tribalism will be deleted.
Mister Imperceptible

Re: Princes of the Yen

Post by Mister Imperceptible »

I guess everyone just skipped over the part where accepting a microchip embedded under the skin and submitting to total centralized control will become a precondition for the centralized globalist Orwellian dystopia. We will be getting there soon with “vaccination passports.”

Here is the unedited 15 minute video for people with attention spans longer than 3 minutes:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IzE038REw2k

chenda

Post by chenda »

Mister Imperceptible wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:18 pm
Here is the unedited 15 minute video for people with attention spans longer than 3 minutes:
You won't convince anyone by insulting them.

Alphaville

Post by Alphaville »

en ra ha!

:lol:

nomadscientist

Post by nomadscientist »

Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:18 pm
I guess everyone just skipped over the part where accepting a microchip embedded under the skin and submitting to total centralized control will become a precondition for the centralized globalist Orwellian dystopia. We will be getting there soon with “vaccination passports.”
Why embedded under the skin? Seems like we're already here with cell phones without any enforcement. When I recently landed in [country] the quarantine was enforced via giving the authorities a cell phone number. Cos like it's just impossible I'd go out and leave the phone at home.

Mister Imperceptible

@chenda

I would rather not engage in a series of barbs but if you recall it was you who did not want to click on the link for fear of disturbing your YouTube algorithms. So it seemed you first expressed contempt and yet demanded some kind of transcript or summary.

I disagree with Dr. Fisker’s statement that people are opposed to globalism because they are less capable. I am rich and on my way to becoming even more rich. My gripe is with loss of liberty in the face of totalitarian central government. A centrally distributed digital currency and increasingly powerful central bank means dissenters can have their accounts shut off and they would not be able to purchase even necessities. I am fine with globalism; my concern is centralization and decentralization. The people who submit to an all-powerful Central Authority in the belief they are good little boys and girls playing an Infinite Game will be shocked to realize their overlords are just corrupted humans playing their own Finite Game, and that they have submitted to being livestock, or, as Harry Browne said, “unpaid functionaries of the State.”

Besides, as Werner articulates, the central banking does not lead to productive investment. Just speculation and asset price inflation that fuels inequality. What matters in a central bank dominated regime a not being an entrepreneur, but being a “Cantillonaire”, someone who profits from being closest to the spigot of monetary injections.
Last edited by Mister Imperceptible on Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nomadscientist

Post by nomadscientist »

There exist many people who believe they are competitive on a global scale without group identity. So many world-beating supermen out there, and they all read The Economist. Why don't I bump into them in the store? Oh wait, I do...

One view is that atomised sheep exist to be shorn. If you went along with this you weren't one of the winners, nor intended to be. The winners didn't surrender their networks to be allowed into the game.

This view could be wrong. If it isn't, things will get much worse for the sheep when their legacy groups are gone. Right now, like a union, they can provide some protection even to those who don't pay dues.

This view could be wrong, but if a global-based group identity isn't necessary or desired, why do we have George Floyd protests in Finland?

chenda

Post by chenda »

Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:56 pm
@chenda So it seemed you first expressed contempt and yet demanded some kind of transcript or summary.
Ah sorry that wasn't my intention, I forget I posted it and re-reading it I can see it might have come across that way. Shouldn't post after drinking wine...

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Yeah, global but decentralized would be best for a number of reasons. Scale matters and environmental protectionism is most efficient at level of watershed. Maybe a return to city-states combined with bustling trade routes?

Mister Imperceptible

I have to study some of James Grant’s books but prior to establishment of Federal Reserve in 1913 there was actually quite a decentralization of financing going on. Ford Motor Company, for example, largely financed themselves. The Federal Reserve Act, largely reactionary against this decentralization, helped to reconsolidate wealth and power in the hands of a few Eastern seaboard banking establishments, and has led to this boom and bust cycle pattern that just serves to reinforce wealth and power consolidation, both in finance and government.

The counter argument would be that we cannot compete militarily without this consolidation, either in the past or now against China, but I do not think this is true. I do not think it has to be Petrodollar Empire or bust. The Elon Musks of the world move to the US, not China. I do not think we need to break into city-states either. If the US military did not have to wage wars overseas to enforce global trade in dollars, the bankers would lose their source of wealth and power, but the Americans would still innovate and could manufacture again. The need for a welfare state would melt away, population could normalize to a level supported by the markets. If individuals could not compete in a free market economy they should not and would not have children because they could not afford to support them and their children would not be able to compete either.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

The increasing trend towards urban living may result in cities that are more powerful than states.
“MI” wrote: If individuals could not compete in a free market economy they should not and would not have children because they could not afford to support them and their children would not be able to compete either.
Well, all a human really has to do in order to have children is compete in his/her local sexual market. Not to say that these are necessarily or typically “free.”

Mister Imperceptible

Women are primary drivers of consumption and are market participants. Of course there are multiple forms of capital. Women have always had a say, including and most especially in who they select.

If manufacturing was repatriated the cities would lose their luster. Post-Covid, they already are.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Manufacturing has lost more jobs to technology than overseas labor. This trend is growing steeply due to Covid. Rule of thumb is that if you can describe step by step what you do on your job or some part of your job, those tasks will be replaced by technology very soon. Barring quick decline to lower energy level society, something like UBI is likely solution. Covid has also paved way for this with universal stimulus checks.

Also, women definitely have not always had a say. For instance, especially when 11 was legal marital age.

Mister Imperceptible

A solution to what? UBI is only a “solution” if you think people falling into poverty is a problem. Are we concerned about overpopulation or are we not? “Replaced by technology?” If the tech overlords do not have anyone to sell anything to, what is the source of their wealth and power? Where does the wealth backing the UBI checks come from? Mankind came this far to support the Last Man so he can masturbate into a sock?

Campitor

Post by Campitor »

Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:47 pm
If the tech overlords do not have anyone to sell anything to, what is the source of their wealth and power?

The energy grid, the means of production (the robots making stuff), the military industrial complex, and control of the supply chains and travel. Just my humble opinion.

Mister Imperceptible

If the tech overlords are all powerful, should we submit to their control? If not, and techno-optimism is a delusion, should we submit to their control? I draw these out on a matrix and I fail to find the scenario in which volunteering for slavery is the preferential option.

I am confused. I look on the board and see “Global Population Issues” at the same time people clamor for UBI. I see people counting the Covid deaths and calling it a travesty and then saying people are too individualistic and wanting to be free means they will spread the virus and are reprehensible for doing so. The only thing that seems consistent to me is the collective desire of the majority to remain slaves and increase the strength of the chains that bind them.

Campitor

Post by Campitor »

@MI

I was only pointing out the avenues of control. I'm not onboard with the hive takeover of humanity where all freedom is suppressed in order to server the state a.k.a. corporations. Corporations gain power only via governments. To limit corporations requires limiting government since it's only via government laws and edicts that corporations can legitimize their power and also work in unison to protect their primacy.

What we're currently undergoing reminds me of Isaac Asimov's Foundation Trilogy. I read it as a teen and the philosophical problems posed in the trilogy have vexed me since. Spoiler incoming. Human technology and math has become so advanced that we have populated the entire galaxy and can predict how humans will behave at a group level with great precision. This advancement results in a race of humans that can instantly communicate telepathically regardless the distance. These telepaths, with the help of a non-telepath detective, are hunting for a warlord that is destabilizing the galaxy. Their telepathy allows them to defeat the warlord. At the end of the trilogy humanity faces a choice - do they allow themselves to become a telepathic hive in order to ensure the survival of humanity from all existential threats, or do they remain individualistic and face eventual extinction.

So while I don't see survival as a binary choice (hive vs freedom of choice), humanity has to learn to put aside the differences that make us define ourselves as Us vs Them. Our survival depends on undertaking very expensive and complicated issues such as global warming and branching out to the other planets in the solar system to protect against any extinction level events that may happen on earth (meteor, major volcanic eruption, life ending virus, etc.). Coordination at this scale requires us to act as a global cohesive unit.

While I don't think Corporate Globalism is the solution, what other mechanism exists that has the resources to connect the world so seamlessly and get us pulling in the same direction? If there are no alternatives and we're faced with globalism or death, how can we make sure globalism occurs benignly and not despotically? I have no idea how to accomplish any of this or if there are any alternatives to globalism that can marshal the resources needed to solve world ending issues.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

It’s actually pretty easy* to make a radio transmitter from stuff found in dumpsters that could jam up all the wireless communication around you. Etc.

*By “pretty easy” I mean that I believe that there are definitely members of this forum who are not me who could do it. It is on my goal list.