Favorite quotes

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
BookLoverL

Re: Favorite quotes

Post by BookLoverL »

Hmm... I have a lot of quotes that I like. Some that I enjoy include:

"Not all those who wander are lost." - JRR Tolkien

A number of Mary Oliver poems, especially The Summer Day and also Wild Geese.

I also really like "It is not the critic that counts" that was referenced earlier in the thread.

If I sat and thought for longer, I could undoubtedly think of more, but it's already late at night here.

Crusader

Re: Favorite quotes

Post by Crusader »

"Nothing was ever in tune. People just blindly grabbed at whatever there was: communism, health foods, zen, surfing, ballet, hypnotism, group encounters, orgies, biking, herbs, Catholicism, weight-lifting, travel, withdrawal, vegetarianism, India, painting, writing, sculpting, composing, conducting, backpacking, yoga, copulating, gambling, drinking, hanging around, frozen yogurt, Beethoven, Back, Buddha, Christ, TM, H, carrot juice, suicide, handmade suits, jet travel, New York City, and then it all evaporated and fell apart. People had to find things to do while waiting to die. I guess it was nice to have a choice."
― Charles Bukowski, Women

"Evolution has meant that our prefrontal lobes are too small, our adrenal glands are too big, and our reproductive organs apparently designed by committee; a recipe which, alone or in combination, is very certain to lead to some unhappiness and disorder.”
― Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything