Good day !

Say hello!!
GreenGentleman

Good day !

Post by GreenGentleman »

Hey good people, quick introduction who I am.

Did over a decade of education in Biology, during masters participated in a student competetition which made me realize the career options in Biology aren't for me.
Made a switch with a bootcamp to back-end programmer and worked that job for the past 3 years or so.
The job is alright, colleagues are fun, the time invested sucks (at 36h, next year 32h).

The last few years life accelerated, bought a house this year, grown-up job and all that stuff.
Still negative networth from student loans (0% interest so not paying these off in a hurry).
I've been fascinated with FIRE for the past 3 years (fancy that, when I start my real job! Funny coincidence).
Never liked spending (or earning) money, the dream is not thinking about money at all.

Got a moderately sized house.
Looking to have kids in the next year or so.
Decent income.
No car (cycle everywhere)
Moderate food budget, mostly home cooked.
Girlfriend is on board.

There you have it, a quick overview of me in relation to FIRE, looking forward to explore ERE.
I'll likely start my own journal as well, seems nice to have some logs in relation to this adventure.
Last edited by GreenGentleman on Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hristo Botev

Re: Good day !

Post by Hristo Botev »

Welcome! Looking forward to reading your journal.

GreenGentleman

Re: Good day !

Post by GreenGentleman »

Hristo Botev wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:21 pm
Welcome! Looking forward to reading your journal.
Its up! Thanks for the welcome. :)