Why do we keep coming to these here ERE forums?

Questions and comments
Hristo Botev

Re: Why do we keep coming to these here ERE forums?

Post by Hristo Botev »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:13 am
I was attempting humor.
As was I. No doubt if there actually was a pre-entry quiz for this forum, I'd never make it in.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

Ha, I wasn't. I don't understand people who come here, grok jacob's message, yet avoid reading the book. I'm not making a sales pitch, I just don't understand why people wouldn't want to learn as much as possible about ERE if they discover it's their thing. [insert benign emoji implying bafflement, not annoyance]

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Well, it is also true that I am bored with the "work 40+ hours/week at high paying tech field job" solution space, because:

a) not everybody can do it
b) I don't want to do it

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

c) it can feel like your solution is part of the problem

DH has expressed this sentiment several times. He said it again after watching The Social Dilemma on Netflix recently.

Hristo Botev

Post by Hristo Botev »

jennypenny wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:36 am
[insert benign emoji implying bafflement, not annoyance]
I really hope this catches on: the practice of explaining what emoji you would insert but not actually inserting an emoji. As a Gen X'er, it's just perfect for me, like using an abbreviation followed by a parenthetical explaining what the abbreviation means, IYKWIM (If You Know What I Mean).
7Wannabe5 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:44 am
Well, it is also true that I am bored with the "work 40+ hours/week at high paying tech field job" solution space, because:
jennypenny wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:51 am
c) it can feel like your solution is part of the problem

DH has expressed this sentiment several times. He said it again after watching The Social Dilemma on Netflix recently.
This is over my hear (perhaps not surprisingly). Would one of you mind explaining to me what the "solution space" you're talking about is?

Alphaville

Post by Alphaville »

Hristo Botev wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:56 am
This is over my hear (perhaps not surprisingly). Would one of you mind explaining to me what the "solution space" you're talking about is?
achieving fi as a highly paid tech worker building the matrix that will eventually suck our brains out

90% of fire crowd are software engineers (i exaggerate maybe).

eg see: https://accidentalfire.com/2020/01/21/d ... eral-arts/