Frugal Hedonism

Your favorite books and links
onewayfamily

Frugal Hedonism

Post by onewayfamily »

"A Frugal Hedonist is not sucked in by false convenience, but opts for the more elegant efficiency of a little self-reliance here and there, and a little creativity. Chop up that whopper pumpkin that you grew with a hatchet and make it into enough soup to replace ten takeaway lunches, then hang out your laundry because you’re too thrifty to use a dryer. Walk to the shops instead of driving, and base your holidays around hiking to waterfalls rather than eating at new cafes in different places. Instead of taking your kids (or yourself) to the movies or the mall for entertainment, loll about in the nearest patch of sunny grass for an hour and count how many types of bug you can spot."

https://www.becomingminimalist.com/frugal-hedonism/

Laura Ingalls

Re: Frugal Hedonism

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I just finished the book.

The Art of Frugal Hedonism: A Guide to Spending Less While Enjoying Everything More

Not a particularly intellectually challenging book but a fun read and a very joyful, playful take on life. Which is handy to have when it’s cold and yucky out.

adebobes

Post by adebobes »

Yupp, that's exactly how I would describe the book. Entertaining in a way, but definitely not a must read. I wouldn't recommend anybody to buy the book. In fact, I got mine from the public library in Sweden :P

Jin+Guice

Post by Jin+Guice »

Frugal Hedonism describes almost my entire approach to ERE.