headache when wearing some shoes

Health, Fitness, Food, Insurance, Longevity, Diets,...
EricaR

headache when wearing some shoes

Post by EricaR »

I can't keep wearing slippers/shoes for longtime.. Especially, slippers made of rubber.. Sometimes I wear rubber slippers when travelling as it's simple and easy.. But, I get severe headache when wearing slippers..Has someone experienced such a wired condition before?

Kriegsspiel

Re: headache when wearing some shoes

Post by Kriegsspiel »

The shoes go on your feet.

Hope that helps.

Lemur

Post by Lemur »

@EricaR

Never experienced this but I've encountered articles here and there about how sandals/slippers are generally not good for posture and it is not unusual that frequent wearing can cause misalignment up the legs...which misaligns the spine...which can misalign the head and cause headaches. Flat footers beware.

I'd suggest wearing good hiking shoes for your travels anyhow.

Jason

Post by Jason »

Do your feet hurt when you wear certain hats?

catpepper

Post by catpepper »

maybe they are affecting your balance?

Jason

Post by Jason »

Do a headstand while wearing the slippers and see if you still get the headache.

CS

Post by CS »

Are you allergic to rubber? Is the headache a sinus headache from smelling the shoes?

The balancing/misalignment issue mentioned up thread sounds like a reasonable possibility.

Alphaville

Post by Alphaville »

while reflexology doesn’t “cure” anything (i think), i’ve used it successfuly to relieve various symptoms/aches/pains/ etc.

maybe it could also work the other way, where the wrong pressure on the wrong nerve ending might induce pain. “evil acupuncture” so to speak.

btw, torturers usually beat the feet of their prisoners for this reason. see: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot_whipping

having said that, i don’t know what specific shoes you’re referring to. in summer i wear the cheapest 99c flipflops at home, the kind that half of the people of the tropics wear, and they’re great. i can’t stand tight shoes that squeeze my toes. i prefer near-barefoot walking.

i do have the recollection of my wife once buying a pair of hard plastic flipflops for some reason, emergency or something, and they turned out atrocious and impossible to wear.

Arthur765

Post by Arthur765 »

I've heard the relation between headache with socks but didn't see any connection between headache with sleepers. You might be overthinking about your sleepers. If you think you are not, then remember the difference these have with your last shoes.

Alphaville

Post by Alphaville »

Lemur wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:54 am
which misaligns the spine...which can misalign the head and cause headaches. Flat footers beware.
i don’t have flat feet, but funny thing, i was getting headaches recently due to a new position of my computer monitor, and my head hanging somewhat forward.

i thought it might have been caffeine related, or impending death, but no, it was just from inadvertent bad posture. funny thing that it is felt in the brain stem, not in the muscles, so it misleads one about the actual causes.