Going, going - a step forward

Where are you and where are you going?
1Vikinggirl

Post by 1Vikinggirl »

Dear all,

I just have to share my news to people who will not call me crazy!
As said before, I may be ready for (E)RE (debt free, having rent and interest income, and a simple lifestyle.) But I lack the 'cojones' to step out completely, especially in this economy.
So thanks for the input and the great examples - I have at least taken one (major) step!

I resigned!
At the end of this year I leave the high-paying, status holding, soul destroying job I have been in for 12 years (complaining about for eight).

Instead I start a job with half the pay, regulated working hours and with a great opportunity for future freelance work. It is global, non-stationary and has an endless need (especially in a financial crisis).
(They couldn't believe someone with my background would want to work for them and I can't believe they actually only work Monday-Friday! And does not require formal office wear!!!!)
2012 is looking really good. I will start sleeping 8 hours a night, meet friends in the week and wear jeans to work. 2013 I can move country, either while staying in the job or going project based freelance.
Ah, the future is so bright I gotta' wear shades (Timbuk3)

8-D