Off grid living arrangements (legal and other) in various EU Countries

All the different ways of solving the shelter problem. To be static or mobile? Roots, legs, or wheels?
Stahlmann

Re: Off grid living arrangements (legal and other) in various EU Countries

Post by Stahlmann »

@guitarplayer, prolly asking your relatives (if you have any in CEE).

I think grey-zone low key off grid living isn't sellable or doesn't index well in google :P.

Jean

Post by Jean »

@guitarplayer, if you ever Come back to switzerland, feel free to Ask. I'm only 15 minutes away from Neuchâtel, and the area us Indeed gorgeous.

guitarplayer

Post by guitarplayer »

@WingsOnFire I would believe if it was one of those laws that end up not being thoroughly enforced. Around where I live I know of at least one dwelling that is totally off grid and self built, where a family of four used to live for around two decades. I know that it was not legal for them to live there, and they would not register with health centres in order not to be spotted etc.

@Stahlmann, I actually think that what 2b1s was suggesting might just be the best way to find out.

@Jean, cool I am going to keep this in mind. I have read most of your journal in the meantime, good stuff! We likely will never be FI for Switzerland's standards, so if ever move there will take you up on the offer of suggesting some potential job providers ha!

Jean

Post by Jean »

I was able to buy my fi for 30'000,- so you Never knows.

chenda

Post by chenda »

Nice article about Swiss people moving back to the mountains, a country I have long admired deeply.

https://stories.swissinfo.ch/how-the-sw ... ins#223321