Side hustles in the age of coronavirus

Ask your investment, budget, and other money related questions here
Workingsucks

Side hustles in the age of coronavirus

Post by Workingsucks »

Normally I would get a part time retail job or something like that for extra money on the weekends. I'm not sure if that's such a wise move now? People in my area are 50/50 with mask compliance and I'm not sure it's safe to be working a job that interacts so much with the public right now.

I want to make at least 400 dollars a month to pay down my debt. So I'm thinking something that pays either a minimum of 10 an hour under the table or 12 dollars an hr + for a w2 job. Orginally I thought of babysitting but not sure how that would go with things how they are right now. Any remote job ideas? Any idea is appreciated. :)

ertyu

Re: Side hustles in the age of coronavirus

Post by ertyu »

camming is a classic and needs to be mentioned for completeness.

this isn't to be interpreted as me advising you to cam.

Workingsucks

Post by Workingsucks »

I have a few friends who do that actually. They told me they're not happy with all the new people getting in to it because they're earning less and less. Cam modeling isn't for me. Plus I doubt there's a huge market for plus size ladies.

But maybe someone else will find that tip helpful. :)

ertyu

Post by ertyu »

Workingsucks wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:07 am
I doubt there's a huge market for plus size ladies.
You would be surprised :D

Again, as I said already, I am not recommending you to do it. Simply saying that any list of long-distance hustles would be incomplete without it.

Another classic: teach English online to Chinese and other kids. This one might actually be experiencing a boost of demand as borders are closed and in-person teachers might be in short supply.

giskard

Post by giskard »

The VIX is up, so selling puts is very profitable right now...

Alphaville

Post by Alphaville »

when i grow up i want this guy’s job

https://www.demilked.com/classical-art-memes/

he had me crying 🤣

Arpe

Post by Arpe »

Starting a blog as a side hustle could be a very good idea. Try to look up Income School on YouTube. They have some really good information about how to make a successful blog :)

Workingsucks

Post by Workingsucks »

Arpe wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:05 am
Starting a blog as a side hustle could be a very good idea. Try to look up Income School on YouTube. They have some really good information about how to make a successful blog :)
Thanks for the info! I thought about making a youtube channel but I'm too camera shy for that. A blog is more my style. I've been meaning to work on writing more often anyway. :)