Greetings from Denmark

Say hello!!
Mrkofod

Greetings from Denmark

Post by Mrkofod »

Hi every body :)

My name is Kasper, I'm 27 y, married + 2 kids and live in Denmark. My wife is a stay at home mom, and at the moment I'm on maternal leave from work until january 2021.

I started investing 8 months ago in index funds with the intention to retire before I turn 50. Hopefully, we will live in a "tiny house" in ~ 10 years.

Jacobs philosophy and his book has inspired me even further, to reach that goal of freedom. As a Christian, I really do believe that a meaningful existence doesn't come from materialism and stuff, but from having time to spend with family, especially raising your kids.

I'm on a plant based diet, because I firmly believe animal products and protein doesn't belong in a human diet.

Any other freaks like me out there? :lol:

Vaikeasti

Re: Greetings from Denmark

Post by Vaikeasti »

Hey and welcome Kasper/Mrkofod!

I see you've decided to try the nightmare mode of ERE by having children and living in a high taxing country.

I think that having your values sorted out and that they are complimenting ERE is an advantage though. You already know why you want to live a different and more consious lifestyle.

Good luck on your journey!

Eureka

Re: Greetings from Denmark

Post by Eureka »

Hey freak,

No, you are not alone. Welcome to the club from a fellow Dane. Also fully on a plant based diet. However, I retired some years ago and find your prospect of intending to work for another 20 + years very long. Your kids will have left home by then.