Some cool quotes!

Favorite quotations, etc.
RoamingFrancis

Some cool quotes!

Post by RoamingFrancis »

I found two good quotes in a book I was reading; they both relate to ERE in some way or another. Enjoy!
As to methods there may be a million and then some, but principles are few. The man who grasps principles can successfully select his own methods. The man who tries methods, ignoring principles, is sure to have trouble.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
We can never really be prepared for that which is wholly new. We have to adjust ourselves, and every radical adjustment is a crisis in self-esteem; we undergo a test, we have to prove ourselves. It needs subordinate self-confidence to face drastic change without inner trembling.
- Eric Hoffer

niemand

Re: Some cool quotes!

Post by niemand »

Ha! Nice.
Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.
- Viktor Frankl
I have a lot of I should’ve would’ve could’ve stories. I try not to waste too much time on this line of thinking. You need to know the entry point. You need to enter. Then you need to exit at the right time. If I miss any of the three I don’t get too regretful about it. If I miss all three I don’t even blink. It’s a waste of time.
- our very own Sclass

Stahlmann

Re: Some cool quotes!

Post by Stahlmann »

"The evolution is not that the best adapted survive. It is that the least fucked up survive."
Stahlmann stealing some qoute on "personal development", after 200-1000 hr of unstructured self-study of human mind.

based on:
Stage one: I have a problem
Stage two: I have no problems
Stage three: How many problems do I have!
Three-and-a-half stage: How many problems do I have ... And with which I am ready to live and which I want to redo

Are there next stages? I do not know. The fourth one would be nice if you shoot a laser from your eyes and your wings grow out, but I haven't seen one yet.