Copy-paste investing on some platforms

Ask your investment, budget, and other money related questions here
Stahlmann

Copy-paste investing on some platforms

Post by Stahlmann »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBBuFuHAxoY

hmm.
interesting solution if we speak on second part of the ad.

as in online dating "6 figure guys (money, height, body)"-boys are getting banned, I think they gonna ban people who show long term success in investing on this platform.

is this the case on the other platforms?

ideally I'm looking platform where fund managers compete for my attention by showing longterm past results and giving insight into their philosophy.
("greater fool"-theory and "outsourcing" the problem)
ideally, if such service has 30 day money back guarantee.
GuruFocus has pretty high recurrent fee.

I somehow joined "poor aristocract class" in my country just by being frugal guy in last 2 years.
I can't quantify my (or my family) longterm health, but I don't mind if somebody shows me how to factor this in my stash.

coming back to orginal ad:
yes, successful people (in life or investing) prolly don't spend much time online.
yes, it's better to learn on your own given skill if you wanna be dependend on it for next 30 yrs.
I'm not affillated with them (but I don't mind, I'm looking my way to join international value generators tree house club or just side income)
yes, most customers gonna leave them after first loss and write negative comments online... and etoro will cancel such service due to herd mentality.

your take?

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Re: Copy-paste investing on some platforms

Post by jacob »

I predict that this will not work so well for the copy-traders as it will for the original trader, but this depends on how liquid bitcoin is and how deep the book is. The sharks are going to figure this one out rather quickly.
Example:
The quote is 10-11 and there's 300 bitcoins sitting on each side and say 500 behind it on 12. The original trader buys 300bc and clears out the 11 price making 12 the new market price. The copy-traders either don't get filled (limits at 11) or they get filled at 12. The market is now 12 and 13. The original trader now starts fading his position at 13 or sells outright at 12 for a quick profit of 300+. The copy-traders made nothing.

Fish

Re: Copy-paste investing on some platforms

Post by Fish »

Stahlmann wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:39 am
I'm looking platform where fund managers compete for my attention by showing longterm past results and giving insight into their philosophy.
https://www.portfolio123.com/app/r2g