Halfmoon's journal

Where are you and where are you going?
fiby41

Re: Halfmoon's journal

Post by fiby41 »

I also keep getting logged out of the forum mid posts and I don't like it.

figmenter

Post by figmenter »

I have made an adjustment to the way the session is validated. The board is now more lenient in changes to your IP address. I hope this reduces getting logged out.

George the original one

Post by George the original one »

figmenter wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:10 am
The board is now more lenient in changes to your IP address.
Yup, making a good difference when accessed via cellular modem.

saving-10-years

Post by saving-10-years »

@halfmoon No hunters here but understand from experiences with my own diminutive DH that how furious the guy confronting is makes a lot of impact. He once gave chase in a car when he spotted a fly-tipping driver (much bigger) in action in our drive. Made him stop his van, return to our property and pick up and take away the load of garden waste he had just tipped there. All with our 6-year old DS strapped into the back seat. Son was stunned (and impressed).

Hope you enjoyed the grouse.

halfmoon

Post by halfmoon »

saving-10-years wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:09 am
@halfmoon No hunters here but understand from experiences with my own diminutive DH that how furious the guy confronting is makes a lot of impact. He once gave chase in a car when he spotted a fly-tipping driver (much bigger) in action in our drive. Made him stop his van, return to our property and pick up and take away the load of garden waste he had just tipped there. All with our 6-year old DS strapped into the back seat. Son was stunned (and impressed).

Hope you enjoyed the grouse.
I love the term "fly-tipping driver"! I was imagining someone tipping over flies. :lol: Context helped me to understand. Extra wonderful that your son was able to experience the power of fervor. :D

We didn't enjoy the grouse directly, because our friend/caretaker ate it and related the story to us later. Lots of vicarious enjoyment of the moment, though.

DutchGirl

Post by DutchGirl »

Looking forward to more parts of your story, Halfmoon.

My guy has inherited the hoarder gene from his parents. It sucks sometimes. Good luck with that...

ember

Post by ember »

@halfmoon, just wanted to let you know I spent some time this week reading your journal from beginning to end. What a fascinating life you and DH have had. As someone who doesn't know one end of a power tool from the other, I'm in awe of your achievements. Your property looks very tranquil and I particularly loved the arboretum. Wishing you both the best and looking forward to the next instalment.

horsewoman

Post by horsewoman »

halfmoon wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:25 am
@Farm_or, great story about your mother. The first time that Maria visited, I showed off with some Bavarian words DH liked to use. However: most of them translated into things like "naked frog" or "little guy who runs around with his pants falling off his butt".
This journal is delightful!
I think @halfmoons DH must have been originally from my neck of the woods, since I knew immediately which words those were.
We are calling a naked small child a "Nackerfrosch", which translates into "naked frog". Amongst adults it's used in a teasing fashion.
The other word is probably "Hosendrähdräh", and the description is very apt. Bavarians are weird, I know.

Anyway, back to reading the journal.