ERE activism - request ERE book from local library

Questions and comments
Vaikeasti

ERE activism - request ERE book from local library

Post by Vaikeasti »

I suggest we make the world better by all requesting jacobs ERE book from our local library.

Or if it already is available then loan it out (because at least here books are discarded from the library if they are not loaned in a certain amount of time). Any librarians out there to clarify this?

This way the minimun impact would be that at least you and a librarian reading your request think about ERE for a second.

I just requested the book from my library. Is it already available near you? :)

slsdly

Re: ERE activism - request ERE book from local library

Post by slsdly »

https://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/det ... &R=2726375

I think there was only one or two copies in circulation when I first borrowed it ~7 years ago :). Now there are 8 copies and a steady loan/hold queue for it.

2Birds1Stone

Post by 2Birds1Stone »

My library already had it, which made me wonder......who in my neighborhood read it!

I've borrowed it 4 times now, over the past several years. Read it front to back 3 full times, and once I wanted to read specific chapters.

Fish

Post by Fish »

When I requested the ERE book from my library (2018) I waited 5 months (was #80 on 5 copies). That was before media coverage of FIRE went mainstream. All copies are still in use, though the backlog is no longer giant.

If you still have some desire for activism or spreading the word, Jacob has a list of ideas: viewtopic.php?t=598

Vaikeasti

Post by Vaikeasti »

Well...It seems USA has it covered and jacob doesn't want activism so I'll just do my best to shut up from now on. :)

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

No activism, just breadcrumbs.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Requested, but to be fair: Think it's unlikely that the government-driven library here will buy it :D

TheWanderingScholar

Post by TheWanderingScholar »

I don't if you are joking but I think a few people around here actually got their library to get the book.

If you are joking...well...*wooosh*

Frita

Post by Frita »

Ahead of the curve on this one. I put in a purchase request, with my supporting rationale, and the local library bought it!

Gilberto de Piento

Post by Gilberto de Piento »

A couple of years ago I wanted to finally read the book. They didn't have it at my local library so I requested it. They borrowed it from another state! It was worth reading even though I had read the blog and hung around here for a few years.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Failed as expected. The library first said that the book was no longer for sale. Then I linked to the book on Amazon And they asked "We try to avoid order from the Amazon as long as we can avoid it, especially for almost 10 year old titles".