Socially acceptable greeting from Finland

Say hello!!
Vaikeasti

Socially acceptable greeting from Finland

Post by Vaikeasti »

New to forum but old(?) to ERE ideas.

I have a family (SO and kids) and also some health issues to make things interesting. I am close with many of my relatives but still have only one IRL friend to talk any finance with.

I started my ERE journey over ten years ago, did good, got lost, and now with the help of this inspiring community can maybe finally find my track again and finish the (rat) race?

Pleasure to make your acquaintance. :)

2Birds1Stone

Re: Socially acceptable greeting from Finland

Post by 2Birds1Stone »

Welcome, can you share more of your story?

Really curious how you may have lost you way and found it after a while. Sometimes a break from something can be good.

suomalainen

Post by suomalainen »

Moi.

Vaikeasti

Post by Vaikeasti »

@2Birds1Stone Thank you. I've started a journal to note down my path and posted a little backstory there. Feel free to check that out. : )

@Suomalainen Sun journal puhuttelee.

TheWanderingScholar

Post by TheWanderingScholar »

Tere.

Vaikeasti

Post by Vaikeasti »

@TheWanderingScholar, Hei. Thanks for stopping by. I really like your journey and wish my kids would be as smart as young as you were. (Too late for me.)

TheWanderingScholar

Post by TheWanderingScholar »

Vaikeasti wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:39 pm
@TheWanderingScholar, Hei. Thanks for stopping by. I really like your journey and wish my kids would be as smart as young as you were. (Too late for me.)
@Vaikeasti:
Kiitos. My journey, for all its worth, has been troublesome and not the pinnacle of ERE so far, but it has been a good journey so far. And at the very least you can install some good personal finance ideas into them to make stronger in the future.

Noedig

Post by Noedig »

Greetings from London. I recently FIREd after about 8 years seriously saving, and (alas) 34 years working.
Best wishes for you. I almost worked in Helsinki once, but the swirling vortex of the UK financial services industry, would not let me leave London.

Vaikeasti

Post by Vaikeasti »

Thanks Noedig, I already feel like we've almost met. :D

You almost making it to Finland reminds me of an old radio program "Nearly related to a celebrity" where people could call and tell how they "ate at the same restaurant as a tv star had eaten last week" or "saw a novelist look-a-like in the store".