Personality Test

How to pass, fit in, eventually set an example, and ultimately lead the way.
dragoncar

Post by dragoncar »

Rmcd94: I don't know if you did it wrong, but estp is almost the opposite of the predominant type here (intj). It's not really horoscope like because it's supposed to be descriptive, not predictive -- ie the dictionary isn't a horoscope for words.
If that yes/no question really was messed up, maybe try another test. And answer all questions. I don't know if this is indicative of typing, but the instructions usually say something like "if you aren't sure, dont think too hard about it and just go with your gut."
The standing in a room thing seems pretty straightforward, though. Think of the last time you were standing in a room. Where were you standing?

JasonR

Post by JasonR »

o
Last edited by JasonR on Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RMcD94

Post by RMcD94 »

The standing in a room thing seems pretty straightforward, though. Think of the last time you were standing in a room. Where were you standing?
The last time I was just standing in a large and empty room? I honestly can't remember. I remember walking through rooms. Sometimes I go through the middle, sometimes I go through the edge. Whatever way is easiest. I just don't understand how that could ever be indicative of anything bar that some parts of the room were already occupied. Unless one of the result is "You want to have that spot in the corner so much you are willing to punch everyone else until they are dead so you can get to it and take it from whoever is there."

@RMcD94 - I think you did it wrong. The correct answer was INTJ, so go back and read over the questions to see how you were supposed to answer. Remember, logic and reason are always correct in every situation. I wholeheartedly recommend surgically removing all your emotions in order to fix your E/S/P problems. Do it now before those attributes develop into something terrible.
I'm 90% sure that was a joke, and it made me laugh anyway. It's true that wherever I've seen this test I've always seen INTJ. I don't even know what the letters mean when people discuss them and such.
It's not really horoscope like because it's supposed to be descriptive, not predictive -- ie the dictionary isn't a horoscope for words.
The point was that it seems, at least to me, to be as random as saying you are Scorpio because you were born on X date, and therefore you are X. There's no way you can ever label someone with 70 Yes/No questions with any real accuracy. I know that a lot of people enjoy putting themselves into groups (gender, country, age, social situation, horoscopes) so I guess I understand why it's so common. But it just seems to me that in 90% of the questions things vary. People exhibit all kinds of actions, and react all kinds of ways. As you said a large amount of people here are INTJ. If I put them all in the same scenarios and put them all together in a room would I have been otherwise able to tell? I'm not sure I would've. Of course, like I said completely ignorant about this. It'll probably turn out this is a certified psychological exam for practising therapists, but hey, still seems pretty odd. Now I'm rambling and it's past my bed time.

dragoncar

Post by dragoncar »

If you put a bunch of INTJ's in a room, you would definitely be able to tell :-)
I'm pretty sure the standing in a room question is directed towards your extroversion/introversion. Standing at the edge of a room = wallflower. Standing in the middle = attention. Maybe the question should specify that you are at a party or gathering.
I think you're overestimating the "certified psychological exam for practising therapists". I doubt most are over 70 questions.

akratic

Post by akratic »

I always get INTj. This time it was:
78 Introverted

100 Intuitive

62 Thinking

22 Judging
My girlfriend and I are still trying to figure out how I managed to get less than 100 Introverted.

dragoncar

Post by dragoncar »

akratic: maybe you stand in the center of the room because your couches are near the sides?

LiquidSapphire

Post by LiquidSapphire »

I am ISTJ whenever I take these, pretty consistently. I see there is only one other listed. From what I understand, this is the type least likely to seek ER, right? I guess my wicked high IQ is compensating for my natural dull tendencies :)

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

JasonR "I'd like to know how long people spend on the test as well. Watching my wife (INTP) vacillate and ponder each side of the question makes my J hurt."
Too funny. I'm an INTP and it took me a long time to take the test. (why my husband says the P stands for PITA) Are your conversations like ours?

I ask hubby a question.

He gives me an answer right away.

I say "Don't you want to think about it before you answer?"

He says "Why would I have to think about it if I know the answer?"
You are not alone Jason :)

JasonR

Post by JasonR »

o
Last edited by JasonR on Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C40

Post by C40 »

ENTJ Today.... Tested something a bit different before. Can't remember exactly what
Extraverted - 33

Intuitive - 12

Thinking - 62

Judging - 56

pka222

Post by pka222 »

Interesting - I thought I was extroverted
INTJ

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

Strength of the preferences %

22 62 50 6

pka222

Post by pka222 »

Interesting - I thought I was extroverted
INTJ

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

Strength of the preferences %

22 62 50 6

ICouldBeTheWalrus

Post by ICouldBeTheWalrus »

INFP, which is how I tend to consistently test on these things.
Very weakly P on the P/J axis. Not too strongly N or F either this time, and I used to be very strongly xNFx. I've definitely gotten more introverted with time, even if I've developed the skill to act otherwise.

proj

Post by proj »

I got ENTP on this test; I usually get ENFP so that's interesting. The "thinking" preference was weak. Makes sense though, recently I seem to be going through a phase of analysing and planning every area of my life, hence ending up here. I reckon I'm an "F" at heart, but I've realised that achieving my life goals and ambitions is going to require a lot of thought and planning and following feelings just won't cut it...

Freedom_2018

Post by Freedom_2018 »

INTP who has since been developing his E,S,F,J attributes while still feeding the NT core.
This has resulted in increased happiness levels and better outcomes.

Bludger

Post by Bludger »

Hey Freedom_2018, how have you been developing your E, S, F, and J attributes?

cloudeleven

Post by cloudeleven »

INTP. When I was a teen I took a Myers Briggs and was an ISTJ.
Scored 100 on Introverted. Anyone else? :)

GandK

Post by GandK »

INFJ here.
The real problem with this test is that it doesn't adequately explain the results or the related psychology.
An INTJ, for example, is not an Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judger. An INTJ is an Introverted iNtuitive with secondary Extraverted Thinking.
In other words, if you are an INTJ, you interact with society and gather information in an introverted intuitive manner, and then when you're processing that information you organize it based on extraverted thinking.
Introverted intuition is the function that allows people to take multiple pieces of information, some of them contradictory, and synthesize them into a coherent whole. INTJ and INFJ personalities both use introverted intuition to gather all of life's information, which means their mind takes in everything they see without judgment (in spite of the J! I know this gets confusing), and immediately begins to look for patterns, symbols, and hidden meanings. The T/F difference lies in how they categorize information once they receive it.
In the case of INTJs, the patterns, symbols, and hidden meanings they look for and recognize are logical in nature, and conform to public standards of logic rather than an individually developed notion of logic... in other words, they use extraverted thinking.
INFJs, on the other hand, immediately look for patterns, symbols, and hidden meanings that are relevant to public standards of relationship. They are not concerned with the harmony of logic, they are concerned with the harmony of mankind - with extraverted feeling.
If you're interested in learning more about how your mind works, find a copy of the book "Personality Type" by Lenore Thomson. It's outstanding.

GandK

Post by GandK »

Addendum: here you may read Thomson's description of the INTJ personality type. It's long, detailed, and wonderfully rich.
http://personalitycafe.com/intj-article ... ption.html