Blocked nose

Health, Fitness, Food, Insurance, Longevity, Diets,...
thrifty++

Blocked nose

Post by thrifty++ »

Last edited by thrifty++ on Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Stahlmann

Re: Enlarged turbinates - blocked nose

Post by Stahlmann »

(non)prescribed allergy meds for a start?

Yes, even it's ongoing costs+unkown unkowns, because I (or maybe you too :lol:) don't trust big pharma wrt content of attached leaflet.

Are you first worlder who was sent to Third World and live in environment with massive HVAC system?
Last edited by Stahlmann on Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thrifty++

Blocked nose

Post by thrifty++ »

Last edited by thrifty++ on Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Stahlmann

Re: Enlarged turbinates - blocked nose

Post by Stahlmann »

atm biggest quack in health industry in my country is... mechanical engineer. it doesn't mean I wanna follow his path :lol:

idk, so just try prescribed ones? I hope you're covered by some decent insurance.

I personally working on creating my sleeping mask which would cover my mouth.

So how about sleeping mask which would cover only... nose? #donttrythisathome

EDIT: I ran some tests. It seems that doing part of in/exhaling through nose seems very natural, so disabling this part of air intake system is going to be problematic :( (in opposition to blocking mouth, which brings opposite results).

chasebrooklyn1985

Re: Blocked nose - enlarged turbinates

Post by chasebrooklyn1985 »

How's your septum and Sinuses? Did you get a CT scan?

I have almost the exact same problem: enlarged turbinate, dust mite allergy, etc...

I recently got my turbinates reduced in size via radio frequency. I also got the ballon sinoplasty. After the painkiller wore off, I had the worst headache of my life. It was like I broke my nose. So I took more painkillers after the procedure and was fine. The next day I only need advil. It's still too early to tell, but the initial results are promising. Definitely better airflow.

I still have a deviated septum which also contributes because it doesn't allow proper air flow and drainage. So I'll probably be getting an actual surgery, septoplasty, at the end of summer. I'll mostly likely have the ENT reduce the turbinates even more via resection. He may even give me a full sinusectomy, which I'm dreading due to the pain. I might just go ahead do it all at once so it's one and done. But the pain!!!

thrifty++

Re: Blocked nose

Post by thrifty++ »