Smelly Swiss Dilettante

Where are you and where are you going?
Jean

Re: Smelly Swiss Dilettante

Post by Jean »

There will be way more distance than in a typical Home so you're welcome to change your mind.

Jason

Post by Jason »

Four days of brawling and drinking and various other Bacchanalia type of activities, you have to assume there will be a few unfortunate poop hole incidents. You can't be deterred by that type of shit, literally and figuratively speaking.

Jean

Post by Jean »

I signed the deal at the notary.

Jason

Post by Jason »

Congrats.

What's standard for a forest warming gift? I figure you got more than enough plants. Maybe a bear trap? A case of bug spray? Let me know. Not because I'm going to send anything, just curious on the matter.

Jean

Post by Jean »

You already said you were going to show up. That would be enough of a gift.

Jason

Post by Jason »

Since you bring that up, I think this is good time to mention that there will be no holding of fucking hands when we sing Kumbaya around the poop hole. I just want to make that clear now, so there's no hurt feelings later.

vexed87

Post by vexed87 »

Jean wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:44 pm
I don't like clipless (my last bike was a 90's time trial bike with clipless), because then, you need an extra pair of shoes and you can't ride barefoot.
Yeah, you need special shoes to clip in, but you can get double sided pedals, so you can still ride barefoot or in casual shoes, so you have best of both worlds available to you depending on your ride.

I hope you live steam your party.

Jean

Post by Jean »

I already have one pair of those shoes. But I destroy them very quickly. There will be no holding hand and kumbaya. That's not my kind of thing. I mentionnend the poop hole because i noticed that people often worry about how they are going to poop.

Jason

Post by Jason »

I'm also for the live streaming. You can't trust people to give fair assessment of their brawling prowess.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Congratulations! I have finally, almost, convinced The Cowboy that it would be okay for 1 or 2 humans to occasionally poop in a hole in his 12 acre forest* :roll: He is of a more conventional mindset, so the fact that there were plastic toilet seats meant to snap on to buckets for sale at the local Walmart was influential. The Permaculture Manager also does not like me to talk about the possibility of installing human nitrogen collection privacy tent/shed at the rear of our project, even though he obsessively collects lawn clippings off the curbside to boost soil productivity.

Sadly, I feel as though I have lately aged beyond the possibility of a good old-fashioned forest floor brawl (deep sigh), elst I would perhaps attempt to gather together enough pennies to join in your celebration.

* I mean, it's not like when there were almost a million people and horses pooping on the floor of London in 1776, or like somebody wading through a modern day factory beef lot with a syringe full of antibiotics. The decomposers can readily handle human waste at the 1 human per 6 acres level.

Gilberto de Piento

Post by Gilberto de Piento »

Congratulations on signing the contract!

The party sounds like a good time to me! If I was on the same continent at least I would try to stop by.

Jean

Post by Jean »

So a quick update.
We paddled down the Aar river for 120km in five days. It was awesome. So many birds, so wild, even if you technically pass trough some of the the most industrialized parts of switzerland. We always found nice places to wild camp. Some of them were really beatifull. I would highly recommand it if meeting very few people on the river wasn't part of the attractivity of the way. My relationship to the river completly changed now.

Then we went to some kind of hippi festival. It was very irritating. I really dislike christian values (universalism, belief in an afterworld, belief in a book, belief in mastery of man over nature). Hopefully most people are abandonning them (except in Africa, were Christians are continuing their work of spiritual destruction. This Christianity was brought to us from the middle east by some people. It spread all over like a tumor (and some of us have a greast responsability in it). It mutated into various forms of islam and various type of christianity. Some of them which are even kindof begign. But as the christian spirituality slowly collapse, and peoples are looking back into themselves to get a more sensible spirituality, those exact same people are coming back and promoting some kind of pachamama bullshit, were every one is supposed to melt in bliss if they get kind and don't forget to buy their cd's because it's their job to spread the message and they have to make a living (saving pacha mama while flying around year round around the planet to sing stupid reskined christian lyrics all around). They are making us losing so much time.I understand why they are so hated. It's a kind of naïve arrogance. Believing you're the oldest folk around, when you've only been around for 3000 years and had a few successes. They're not even bad meaning it seems. Hopefully, my visit to their homeland gave me the impression that having to die and kill themselves for some land is humbling them very quickly. But right now...

Finaly, I went hiking in the mountain. The glue that held my sole under my shoes decomposed 2500m over see level after 3 hours of hiking. It was very stony and wlaking barefoot was painfull, so I made a lot of breaks. Which gave me time to look at insects, sleep, and think that if the universe was curved, its border could be a point, and that all the space that appears here and everywhere we look, provoking the acceleration of the expansion of the universe could come from this point, were all the mater gets flowed to. Like if this point was a pole on a hypersphere, of which space is the surface. Space woud be sinking at this point, and resurfacing all around us. I then imagined that if mass was how much a particle was deforming the surface of space, then massless particles could be particles that have been weted by space when some anormaly high mass density made the sunk into space.

Also, I will apply for a job because it looks interesting.

Jason

Post by Jason »

Judeo Christian hegemony started to erode in the late 16th century and has pretty much evaporated over the last 60 years as the woman's movement and the LGBT community co-opted MLK's civil rights platform and has turned any person who opposes homosexuality or paternalism into a whited hooded, cross burner. The big ticket items - abortion/same sex marriage - are not just permitted but culturally dangerous to oppose. My point is, you voluntarily walked into some festival that may or may not possess some Christian values. What's the problem for you, personally, at the rubber meets the road level? These were not crusaders pulling you out of your forest while you were grappling or shitting or whatever the fuck you do out there. You entered their gates. If I oppose a thought system, I don't go to their fucking festivals or attend their parades knowing I'll just get upset at what I hear. You have a forest now. Start your own festival. Smellyswissdilletantestock or whatever you want to call it. Lollapawrestlegetdrunkandshitinahole. Spread your own message whatever it is. And what I really don't understand is why people get so upset at what they believe to be untrue. I don't believe in unicorns but I don't get angry at those who do. I just think "What a stupid ass unicorn believer."

Jean

Post by Jean »

I don't mind spriritualities being untrue. They are all untrue. It's just that most of the christian values lead humans to destroy themselves. What would you think if someone walked into you community and started selling cocaïne to your people? Of course, every one is free to take coke or not. No one is forcing you to buy cocaïne. Why can't you just leave and go somewhere people don't sell cocaïne? It doesn't change the fact that cocaïne is going to destroy your community, and as humans need a community to live, you legitimately can become angry against cocaïne and the people selling it.

I'm probably not angry against christians value for the reason you imagine. Every one was probably very open about same sex marriage, abortion rights and bs like this at this festival. I don't care about those issues.

Bankai

Post by Bankai »

Considering Christianity is around for 2k years, it's track record of destroying humanity is truly dissapointing.
Last edited by Bankai on Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason

Post by Jason »

Wow. Those are some spell binding arguments you two put forth there. Christopher Hitchens would be proud.

Bankai

Post by Bankai »

Read again?

Edit: I see, it's me. I meant: considering Christianity is around for 2k years, it's track record of destroying humanity is truly disappointing/miserable/fail. Wrong choice of word changes meaning.

Jean

Post by Jean »

Undomesticated humans are now very rare, so this destruction is quite successfull.

Bankai

Post by Bankai »

This sentence is not much different than: happy families are now very rare, so the destruction of humanity by atheism is quite successfull.

1) what's the definition of an undomesticated human?

2) how one quantifies how rare undomesticated humans are?

3) where's the link between Christianity and undomestication

Jean

Post by Jean »

Atheism as we usually mean it is some form of degenerated christianity. To answer your questions.
1)an human that isn't dependant on civilisation and doesn't delegate the violence required for him to survive outside his extended family.
2)I haven't met any in all my life. I've only heard of some. In opposition, all of precolonial north america would have fited this definition (about 20Mpeople), most of prechristian Europe would have fited this definition (100M people), pre colonial africa as well.
3)without christianity (and other abrahamic ideologies, like islam or communism), civilisations like the romans or the mongols expect everyone to contribute to the violence, and violence is understood by everyone as a way to gain control over ressources. In christian civilisations, violence is still exerced to gain ressources, but people aren't able or expected to perform it themselves, it is justified by the religion, and all the ressources go to an elite. Christian religion have this effect because of their emphasis on the idea that we are all equal servants of an almighty overlord, and that he'll rewar us. This lead people to look for a master, and drift them away from their ecological role. In this regard, christianity is like a virus that would be turning humans into cancerous cells. Prechristian spiritualites are all about helping the counscious individuals that humans are to grasp of they insert themselves in a much longer and bigger system, by reminding them what their forebears did.