Fire in Spanish

Say hello!!
elfuego

Fire in Spanish

Post by elfuego »

Hi everyone, and greetings from South America!

I´m a 28M just starting my FIRE journey.
I finished the ERE book yesterday. I loved it. So much, that I spent almost an hour talking about it to my girlfriend :lol: Now she wants a copy.
Does anyone know if the book is available in Spanish? I did some research, but only found the English version.
Currently, there are no FIRE/ERE communities in Spanish (that I´m aware of), but I´m sure lots of people share this ideas, but aren´t aware of this movement, mainly because there´s no info Spanish.
If it´s the case, I could translate it myself. But (I think) I must get Jacob´s permission first.

Thanks!

Dream of Freedom

Re: Fire in Spanish

Post by Dream of Freedom »

:idea: Get the Kindle version. I don't know what device she has but here is how to do it on an android phone. Download the Kindle app. Download the ere book in the app. Click on the book. On the page hold down on a word to select it. Expand the brackets until you highlight the entire page. On the control bar beside the word share there is an arrow. Click it. Then click translate. On the bottom select from English to Spanish. You will have to do this for every page.

Campitor

Post by Campitor »

Saludos y bienvenido a la casa de Jacob Lund Fisker - el profesor extraordinario y mago del ERE.

@Jacob - any Spanish translations of ERE anywhere? It appears your international audience is growing.

elfuego

Post by elfuego »

bigato wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:41 pm
Hello there south american fellow! I'm from Brazil! Which country do you live, if you don't mind me asking?
I´m from Paraguay. I didn´t expect to find neighbors here!

elfuego

Post by elfuego »

That bicycle trip sounds insane.
I´m sure that there are more latin american FIRErs/ERErs. Never thought about creating a community?

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

Campitor wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:12 pm
Saludos y bienvenido a la casa de Jacob Lund Fisker - el profesor extraordinario y mago del ERE.

@Jacob - any Spanish translations of ERE anywhere? It appears your international audience is growing.
see faq

Campitor

Post by Campitor »

@Stahlmann

What section of the FAQ should I look at? Nothing jumped out at me.

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

Q: I’ve read your book and I think it deserves a wider audience, so I’d like to translate it into …
A: I appreciate the offer. However, the main audience of the ERE book is mostly educated types who read English anyway. In fact, only about 5-8% of the book is sold outside the US, which means that that it would be a lot of effort just to sell a few dozen translated books per year. That is not to mention the logistics wrt publishing it and making sure everybody gets paid and all the paperwork gets filed.

Campitor

Post by Campitor »

@Sthalmann

Where was that posted? I was clicking on the " ? FAQ" icon on the top of the forums and I didn't see that listed within the various categories.

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

Campitor

Post by Campitor »

@Stahlmann

Thanks - I forgot about his FAQ on his blog. It is interesting to note that it was last updated in 2016. That only english readers read an english only book isn't surprising. I understand Jacob not wanting to go through the trouble of translating the book and publishing it. But it begs the question, if the book was written in spanish, french, or chinese, would it sell or be read more widely? I guess we'll never know.

elfuego

Post by elfuego »

Thanks @Stahlmann! Literally, the LAST of FAQs.
I understand about the inefficiencies of translating for small audiences, but I was thinking more about spreading the word, for the long run.
Anyways, I will recommend the @Dream of Freedom´s technique for the ones interested.

Frita

Post by Frita »

Ahorita estoy en Guatemalan. El padre de mi amigo tiene años en hacer algo parecido a ERE. Me prestó su libro de “Padre Rico, Padre Pobre,” explicando que hace mucho que ha pasado su filosofía, entonces pienso que haya gente que tendría interés. En todos modos, dudo que valga la pena de publicar por si mismo.