Hello from Atlanta

Say hello!!
lawn_chair

Hello from Atlanta

Post by lawn_chair »

Hi!

I am a 28M Georgian on an 80% savings rate on 140k USD. I do own a car and am working to eliminate consumer habits, chiefly eating out and buying electronics. My goal lifestyle is to live off land and spend my days as a craftsman working on any woodworking, art or engineering project I'd like to my chosen standard and selling the results. I am not perfect, and I am still getting in my own way in some areas. I greatly appreciate having communities like this one to tap into while figuring out how to get the vocational skills to move just about anywhere.

I found my way here after a series of disagreements. People tell me to ditch my car that I found on Craigslist because apparently it's better to making involuntary payments for a car that won't break down for a few years than voluntary payments when I care enough to get somewhere. I am told to stop renting because "it's throwing money away" and equity/ROI on a house is apparently worth more than having permanent shelter. I don't judge the choices I'm encouraged to take as bad, but they seem strange to me and I felt alone in thinking that way.

Good to meet you all, and am excited to learn from you. I hope I can offer experiences to serve in some way.

TheRedHare

Re: Hello from Atlanta

Post by TheRedHare »

Welcome lawn_chair!

I live in Atlanta too. Maybe we could meetup sometime.

monkeymanwasd123

Re: Hello from Atlanta

Post by monkeymanwasd123 »

Heyo, you may want look into getting a rent free / minimal rent place to live