Motorcycle Trip Across Thailand

Fixing and making things, what tools to get and what skills to learn, ...
slowtraveler

Re: Motorcycle Trip Across Thailand

Post by slowtraveler »

I mean Kevlar jeans. Uglybros, revit, nerve brand with built in armor and kevlar reinforcement.

2Birds1Stone

Post by 2Birds1Stone »

Early on in my riding career I lowsided going ~20mph around a turn on a patch of sand. The gear I was wearing saved me from having to wire brush gravel from most of my body.

Full face helmet - dinged hard enough right on the side of the face that no helmet = chin/cheek hitting ground
Riding jacket - Joe Rocket patch torn off shoulder and elbow scrapped - if no jacket that would have been awful road rash
Gloves - if it weren't for kevlar reinforced full grain leather gloves my right hand would have been scrapped hard enough to possibly lose a pinky
Pants - heavy duty riding pants prevented my hip/knee from getting ground down to the meat/muscle - jeans would have ripped right through
Boots - my high length riding boots got ground down 50% into the leather right where my outer ankle bone is

Heat, the heavy bike with open engine would have burned my inner leg if it weren't for the pants as well.

After that, it was ATGATT (all the gear, all the time) for me.

prognastat

Post by prognastat »

Sorry to hear that it happened, but grateful we've gotten you to upgrade some of your safety gear already before it happened.

Seppia

Post by Seppia »

slowtraveler wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:02 am
2) Drive slowly through traffic.
Very important lesson learned with little damage, this is a huge win for you.
Get well soon my man!