Hello from sunny Arizona

Say hello!!
Jeff_fa_fa

Hello from sunny Arizona

Post by Jeff_fa_fa »

Hello all -

Trying out this community. My name is Jeff and 50 yo. trying to play the catch up game to retire as soon as I can. Somedays, I feel like I am on the rocket ship while the spouse is out picking daisies. Career hit a set back about 14 months ago so have started over in a new job, and trying to find out what I "want to do when I grown up" for the next 10-15 years.

I am looking forward to reading discussions and hearing what everyone else is doing and sharing collective ideas.

Good luck out there!

Jeff

prognastat

Re: Hello from sunny Arizona

Post by prognastat »

Hi Jeff, welcome to the forums.

What are you goals for the next few years?

How did you end up at ERE?

Frita

Post by Frita »

Hi, Jeff! DH and I are also 50 years old. It is an interesting time to be employed, shift career gears, deal with kids and aging parents, and rethink one’s health and fitness.

What’s your plan/goal/next steps?

wolf

Post by wolf »

Welcome Jeff to the forum!

Jeff_fa_fa

Post by Jeff_fa_fa »

Well this whole Forum thing is new to me so I will do my best. Not sure what all the buttons do. Trying to follow format from others.

@prognastat goals for the next few years are to find a better job that has me more engaged and better compensation. Went from $63K to $34K after last April. Hardest part is to get into a new field or just get back into my field while two are at the university ( I am currently employed by same university and the tuition waiver is significant). I ended up at ERE through a link (of course) at JLCollinsnh.com one link lead to another and i just started reading posts.

@Frita job searching for something new both inside and outside of university. Working second job to help bring in extra income. Exploring what else is out there, reading and keeping in good physical shape.

@ wolf.. Thanks glad to be here.