Free Lance work that's QUIET, ABUNDANT, and EASY?

Anything to do with the traditional world of get a degree, get a job as well as its alternatives
Juan E

Free Lance work that's QUIET, ABUNDANT, and EASY?

Post by Juan E »

What free-lance work is QUIET, ABUNDANT, and EASY to do?

FBeyer

Re: Free Lance work that's QUIET, ABUNDANT, and EASY?

Post by FBeyer »

fiverr.com?

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

That sounds like a trilemma.

Kriegsspiel

Post by Kriegsspiel »

rev.com

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

part time work based on your main career after quitting it... however everybody else who has probably 3 digit IQ wanna make it.

tonyedgecombe

Post by tonyedgecombe »

Pick two.

SustainableHappiness

Post by SustainableHappiness »

Something in digital marketing.

E.g. for creatives -> web design, ad design, landing page design

E.g. for analytics -> campaign management, conversion rate optimization, Google analytics

Or a combination of both like SEO stuff.

Mad Fientist did a podcast recently of a guy who went this route and was well into 6 figures in a couple years, his story is atypical in terms of drive, but not crazy in terms of opps available.

I learned it for free by giving away time (so...not free).

However, as with all freelancing I've seen, most of the battle is client interactions/relationships. So if you can't do that, you're boned.

prognastat

Post by prognastat »

I suspect the trilemma would be Abundant, Easy and well compensated.

Chances are it would be possible to find the combination asked for, but at the cost of very low compensation.

Lucky C

Post by Lucky C »

"Easy" shouldn't be desirable because work that is enjoyed the most is not too easy or too difficult. It should be at the difficulty level that challenges you without frustrating you.

"Freelance" is a major requirement as most workers are not freelancers. So it seems to me the trilemma is: freelance, quiet, abundant.

Kriegsspiel

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Lucky C wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:13 am
"Easy" shouldn't be desirable because work that is enjoyed the most is not too easy or too difficult. It should be at the difficulty level that challenges you without frustrating you.
That doesn't make sense. Planting flowers is easy, but it's a desirable activity. I think the well-compensated leg makes more sense, because there is work that's quiet, abundant, and easy (I already posted an example: transcription), but it doesn't pay a lot of money. It seems to me that things that are abundantly available aren't going to be well-compensated due to a low barrier of entry, and/or they've currently settled into a stable supply/demand equilibrium.
"Freelance" is a major requirement as most workers are not freelancers. So it seems to me the trilemma is: freelance, quiet, abundant.
Well, that was the given around which to build the trilemma.

Lucky C

Post by Lucky C »

But only planting flowers as work (8 hours per day, 5 days a week) is not so fun, even though it's easy - easy on the mind but maybe not on the back.
Big difference between a desirable activity that you can do as you please vs. what you're doing as a job. People who do easy mindless tasks all day or don't have enough work to do hate it - maybe not hating it day 1 but would hate to do it for years. The right challenge level is necessary to produce the much more enjoyable Flow state (see Csikszentmihalyi).

I can think of plenty of work that's quiet, abundant, and easy that's not freelance. Freelance, quiet, abundant, & easy is a quadrilemma :)

Kriegsspiel

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Lucky C wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:09 am
But only planting flowers as work (8 hours per day, 5 days a week) is not so fun, even though it's easy - easy on the mind but maybe not on the back.
Big difference between a desirable activity that you can do as you please vs. what you're doing as a job. People who do easy mindless tasks all day or don't have enough work to do hate it - maybe not hating it day 1 but would hate to do it for years. The right challenge level is necessary to produce the much more enjoyable Flow state (see Csikszentmihalyi).

I can think of plenty of work that's quiet, abundant, and easy that's not freelance. Freelance, quiet, abundant, & easy is a quadrilemma :)
Hah, after reading your first sentence, where you said planting flowers wouldn't be fun, I thought of that other thread (about "robots taking your job") where someone had said something similar, like robots will only take the "undesirable" jobs. Turns out it was you again :D At least you're consistent. But there are people who would love to get paid to plant flowers all day. I read a story about a girl who graduated from horticulture school, and she plants flowers all day, every day. She was saying that it was the perfect job for her, and she loves coming in to work each day. Different strokes for different temperaments.