classical_Liberal's Semi-ERE

Where are you and where are you going?
7Wannabe5

Re: classical_Liberal's Semi-ERE

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

suo wrote:Woah, woah, woah, how did I get dragged into this?!
Oops. Posting from my phone. Meant to be response on your thread re discussion about social support.

Since the EJs with whom I have been in relationship have also often been engineers, I have often ended up in terrible fights with them on occasions I have exhibited the tendency to "not give a damn" about efficiency. For instance, "Yeah, I get that the spray on the dishwasher would be 17.5% more effective if I loaded the dishes at that angle, but I just don't care enough to tune in to that particular task at full power/high alert." Eventually the overbearing manner of an EJ will cause me to full on retreat into INTP from eNTP, because at least I can maintain control over what I am reading, and although it is somewhat boring for an EJ to attempt to herd/guard/direct an individual who is just sitting quietly in a chair, they can't really complain too much.

suomalainen

Post by suomalainen »

I was mostly making a perfectionism point. Along the scale of

incompetent -> bad -> ok -> good -> perfect

I was suggesting that you can be somewhere in the ok/good range and still "care" and still be "competent". Others seemed to take a harder stance that anything less than perfection was unacceptable/not caring/incompetent/whatever. (see, e.g., the comment that you shouldn't rest on your laurels if improvements can be made). As a recovering perfectionist, I know first hand that the building still stands even when you're not holding up the walls with your bare hands.

classical_Liberal

Post by classical_Liberal »

Last edited by classical_Liberal on Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

suomalainen

Post by suomalainen »

Well that sucks.

classical_Liberal

Last edited by classical_Liberal on Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

2Birds1Stone

Post by 2Birds1Stone »

Just yesterday we had an important sales leadership meeting where quotas were assigned for 2019. At one point when everyone was balking at the #'s, I almost caught myself blurting out "always give 20%".......don't think anyone else would appreciate Pareto in that crowd.......but Pareto is the saving grace for me. =p

classical_Liberal

cmonkey

Post by cmonkey »

Nice update and story. Yea I'm glad we haven't moved up there yet, MN has gotten a ton of snow. We just got some rain. :lol:

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Nice foreground guns shot! Your GF has a good eye ;)

My DD27 went to school in New Orleans and I really like visiting her there. I stayed in a nice hostel near a rough neighborhood the first time I was there. The last time I was there I tent camped in a park very close to the city that was highly populated with feral swamp-dwelling cats. Unfortunately, somebody stole a very large cargo hauler right off the roof of our vehicle in broad daylight.

Mister Imperceptible

Post by Mister Imperceptible »

NOLA is fun, been there twice now, and that’s saying something because I haven't travelled much. You should have stuck around and educated that reporter some. The world is dumber now because you’re hoarding information.

We had 1100 square feet for a family of five. I shared a bedroom with my brother right thru high school graduation. Fun times let me tell you.

suomalainen

Post by suomalainen »

Two things: Growing up in the 80s was the best. And you shouldn't have posted a pic of the back of your head. I was able to use Alan's faceback app to get a match on your face.

classical_Liberal

Last edited by classical_Liberal on Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

FBeyer

Post by FBeyer »

classical_Liberal wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:00 pm
...The main reason I withhold some details here is because other forumites remain anonymous, so it's a thing and I wanna stay cool. I much prefer to operate in the realm of letting all of my dirty laundry air out. That way if people want to use it against me, at least it came from me directly. It has the added effect of reducing stress associated with trying to hide shit. Besides I'm an ENTJ, all of my worldviews and personal projects are known far and wide, I can't keep my mouth shut if I wanted to. :shock:
I don't have to update my journal anymore, I'm just going to link directly to yours instead. It's much more efficient than keeping two concurrent and identical journals :lol:

classical_Liberal

Last edited by classical_Liberal on Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

classical_Liberal

Last edited by classical_Liberal on Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jin+Guice

Post by Jin+Guice »

Oh I see, everyone is just always coming to New Orleans and not hitting me up. It's fine, I get it, y'all don't like fun. Don't come crying to me when the "I bet I know where you got dem shoes mister" guys charge you $20 for squirting hand lotion all over your Gruntens.

Thanks to my boy classical_Liberal for keeping it real and hanging out!

Mister Imperceptible

Post by Mister Imperceptible »

Hey c_L, sounds like you’re ready to mouth off to a tyrannical government and conceal your barbarous relics or something :D

@J&G
I was last in NOLA in 2013. But if you come to the Northeast let me know.

classical_Liberal

Last edited by classical_Liberal on Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jin+Guice

Post by Jin+Guice »

Man! What kind of question is that? How's YOUR job situation?

In all seriousness I need to figure out how to get out of this job and still live my life as a total slacker.

classical_Liberal

Last edited by classical_Liberal on Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.