7Wannabe5-Take 5

Where are you and where are you going?
Kriegsspiel

Re: 7Wannabe5-Take 5

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Any kind of weight lifting exercise with a stretch at the bottom of the eccentric portion will do the work of stretching too. I was never more flexible than when I was doing deep squats, dips, chinups... those kinds of exercises with a big stretch at the bottom. The swings I mentioned before have this too. Pushups and crunches do not have the eccentric stretch.

So if you want to save some time on stretching & lifting, try exercises that incorporate a stretch point. Think DB bench instead of pushups, glute-ham raise situps instead of crunches, assisted chinups/lat pulldowns for your back, and swings and squats for your legs/hips.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@Kriegsspiel:

Thanks for the advice. I will look up the words you typed on YouTube since I do not know what they mean off-hand. Unfortunately, I do not think it is possible that I could ever do a chin-up.

In celebration of recent discovery that my heritage is more Russian than previously believed and my lack of desire to go on a reducing diet, I have decided that my new ideal will be Katya Zharkova. Even though I am too fat, my bust is 10 inches bigger than my waist-line, and my butt is 14 inches bigger than my waistline. I just want to get rid of the little bit of jelly belly below my waistline and render everything else more muscularly supported.

Kriegsspiel

Post by Kriegsspiel »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:45 am
@Kriegsspiel:

Thanks for the advice. I will look up the words you typed on YouTube since I do not know what they mean off-hand. Unfortunately, I do not think it is possible that I could ever do a chin-up.
No problem, I assumed as much. IIRC the Wayne State gym has an assisted chinup machine, where you kneel on a platform that helps you pull yourself up. The lat pulldown is kinda the same motion but you're pulling a weight down via a pulley, as opposed to a chinup where you pull your body up to a bar.

Jason

Post by Jason »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:50 am
He also says charming things like "Even though you are old and fat, a lot of women would kill to have a body like yours."
My favorite:

Saying I like you hefty don't mean you couldn't stand to lose a couple of fuckin' pounds.

Al Swearengen

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@Jason:

Yeah, there’s a thin line separating “built” from “slob” for members of both genders. One of my sisters, in a mean moment, told me I looked like the female version of Donald Trump.

Jason

Post by Jason »

Until reading that, I never thought I could feel more ashamed of being attracted to a female than that time I realized I had just slept with a transsexual. I mean, even if she said you looked liked Hillary Clinton, I think I could go on.

But now I just feel like looking at pictures of Katya Zharkova and praying for death.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Well, it might have mostly been a commentary on my drugstore peroxide dye job. My female relatives think I am too frugal in the girl-stuff category.

Anyways, one of the 3 reasons I have to either break up with my BF or become actively polyamorous again is that he likes tall, blonde, green-eyed and slinky with no boobs, and I only fit 3 of those categories. Also, he is heteroflexible to the extent that I think he might even prefer Taylor Swift's identical twin brother to me (sigh.)

I was almost tempted to post a headless pic of myself, so that means it is time for me to get off the internet!!!

CS

Post by CS »

Being too skinny is a health risk the older you get. Having 10 or 20 pounds you can lose due to illness, etc is a saver. I'm too lazy to dig up the tables, but those extra pounds (that range) add up to longevity over the skinny counterparts.

suomalainen

Post by suomalainen »

I'm digging the litEREotica journal. Two birds one stone (the saying, not the forumite), etc.

Jason

Post by Jason »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:53 pm
Also, he is heteroflexible to the extent that I think he might even prefer Taylor Swift's identical twin brother to me (sigh.)
For whatever it's worth, even with the Donald Trump analogy, I wouldn't take the flat chested and totalitarian alternative.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/ ... lle-paglia

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

CS wrote:Being too skinny is a health risk the older you get. Having 10 or 20 pounds you can lose due to illness, etc is a saver. I'm too lazy to dig up the tables, but those extra pounds (that range) add up to longevity over the skinny counterparts.
Yeah, your perspective changes when you've lived long enough to see women you knew as an adult in their 50s age into their 80s.

Anyways, after playing around with a variety of maximum possible muscularity counters linked on other thread, I have come to the "shocking" conclusion that when I say "...but, I have big bones!", it is not just an excuse :lol: I would truly look like a POW camp internee if I ever managed to reduce my weight down to the bottom of the healthy BMI range, and I am happy to strut about naked at 5'9" 169.

I hope I didn't convey that I am overly dismayed at not matching my current BF's ideal. I knew I wasn't exactly his cup of cake from the get-go, but it didn't matter when I had two other lovers who were very interested in me sexually. I have become very self-absorbed in old age, and I am only interested in meeting my own aesthetic and moderating health risks.
Jason wrote:For whatever it's worth, even with the Donald Trump analogy, I wouldn't take the flat chested and totalitarian alternative.
Well, for whatever it's worth, I once read an article that suggested that men who are breast triggered are more dominant than men who are leg triggered, because they were likely more often carried around at breast height as infants. This is also why you are not supposed to carry puppies around at that height if you want to be able to train them. So, based on this very theoretical theory, Taylor's fans would probably like the totalitarian stance in conjunction with the legs.

Jason

Post by Jason »

Finally someone explains my Aretha Franklin pre-civil war fantasies.

Mister Imperceptible

Post by Mister Imperceptible »

Is Sexual Personae worth reading?

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Paglia confuses me, because she strikes me as post-feminist, yet she is a strong critic of post-modernism. I don't find it so difficult to reconcile the fact that hormones are very influential with the fact that they aren't all defining. I haven't read the book, maybe what I have read doesn't do her justice?

Kriegsspiel

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Jason wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:32 am
For whatever it's worth, even with the Donald Trump analogy, I wouldn't take the flat chested and totalitarian alternative.
link
One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong.

Jason

Post by Jason »

Really. What Nazi wears white.

Kriegsspiel

Post by Kriegsspiel »

That's the winter uniform. Maybe it was a shoulder season when that pic was taken.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

High heels always convey a bit of a mixed message, because they make you taller, but less able to run. I thought I didn't own any anymore, but I found a couple pairs in a box I missed in my last bout of ultra-minimalism. When I was 17, I wore high heels almost every day even though they made me taller than almost every boy in the school. So, I'm not inclined to judge.

Jason

Post by Jason »

I do not much about Camille Paglia except that she has a very unpopular and contrarian view of sexual assault. Her opinions are so out there, that one has to wonder if she says things just for effect. She's a public intellectual, so she gets to address everything.

Lena Dunham's mother is Jewish which makes her Jewish in the eyes of the Jewish community. So there is a disconnect between the picture and the headline, unless it was like a reenactment of a "Welcome to Aushwitz" Talent show. Considering the body language of the other's, Lena's smile belies a naive optimism that the good feelings equate to equal footing.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

I posted discussion between Paglia and Peterson on gender differences on Jordan Peterson thread.