Libertadfinanciera's journal

Where are you and where are you going?
libertadfinanciera

Libertadfinanciera's journal

Post by libertadfinanciera »

Hello,

I'm a 27 y/o guy, I live in a small town near Valencia (Spain). I live with my partner and I own a house (from inheritance), so my monthly expenses are not really big. I work in the health sector (physical therapy) and I own my own bussiness.

My objective is to be FI before I'm 40, and RE if it's possible.

Current investment assets (excluding house, bussiness money, personal money,etc):

*25356€

Objective for 2019 (1 year):
*Write all my monthly expenses in an Excel to be able to estimate my annual expenses and calculate my FI number.
*Save betweeen 1000€-2000€ monthly and put the money in my investment account
*Write at least one entry each month to update my status

Objective for 2023 (5 years):
*Value from investment assets is between 75000€-125000€

ItsALongStory

Re: Libertadfinanciera's journal

Post by ItsALongStory »

Good luck but if you reach the $2k per month on average and have any sort of decent market returns you should blow that Target out of the water, perhaps even doubling it.

libertadfinanciera

Hello,

yes sorry. What I wanted to say is that I want to invest in this 5 years is between that quantity, but I expect that the value of the assets will be higher :D

Nicolino

Post by Nicolino »

Posting to follow!! Always interested about stories from Spain as I see spending some time there after (hopefully) achieving FI!

prognastat

Post by prognastat »

Sounds like you're on a good track. Determining where your money is going is the first step in improving your spending/savings and building a plan for the future. You'll probably have a pretty good idea of where you're at around 3 months in of tracking.

libertadfinanciera

I have been very busy with work, but I have been keeping track of expenses at home, I will paste them here when I have some free time.

JANUARY: +2000€ to assets
FEBRUARY: +2500€ to assets

Current value if investment assets: 30420€

ItsALongStory

Post by ItsALongStory »

Always good to see 'on track' updates. Keep it up!

libertadfinanciera

As always, I had a lot of work, but I am keeping with my objective.

JANUARY: +2000€ to assets
FEBRUARY: +2500€ to assets
MARCH: +2500€ to assets
APRIL: +2500€ to assets

Current value from investment assets: 35653€

prognastat

Post by prognastat »

Good job on the progress. How has the tracking been going?

thrifty++

Post by thrifty++ »

Keen to hear more about Spain. Its a post retirement desire for me also.

It should be easy for you to achieve FIRE if you have inherited a house. That's overwhelmingly the biggest expense most people have to grapple with, especially in the more expensive countries.

libertadfinanciera

Hello,

I have been recently thinking about this journal. It has been years since the last entry, and my life has changed a lot, but I have been following my FIRE path.

I am now 31 years old. As I said in the first post, I owned a business in the health sector with a partner. In 2019, let's say that we had differences about how we were doing things, and I left it (I sold my part of the business to my partner for a symbolic amount, 5000€). The worst part of it was losing her as a friend since she was like a sister to me, but stuff happens.

I was really burned out and needed a change, so in September 2019 I started studying something totally unrelated: game development. In June 2020, I dropped the course that I was doing and started a new indie gamedev studio with my sister(she was a developer but in another sector). We released our first game in September 2020, and it was a total success (at least for the scale of a small indie studio). Since then, we have released 5 different games on Steam and Nintendo Switch, and we have a small but loyal fanbase.

Gamedev was something that always interested me but never had the opportunity to explore. The truth is that my life totally changed: now I work from home, I only work in stuff that I like and the hours that I want, and we are earning a significant amount of money, so I can see myself doing this for some years. Something that I am 100% sure helped us to succeed is my experience with the previous business, even if in an unrelated sector.

I recently married my girlfriend (we have been together 14 years), and she has a job that she likes (at least for the next year, she is a teacher in a private school), so everything looks great.

In the first post, I said that my objective for the end of 2023 was to have an investment between 75000€-125000€, I completed this objective recently.

Current value of investment assets: 123139€ (it was more like 133000 until recently, but yeah)
Cash ready to invest: 10450€

Objective for the end of 2023 (1 year):
*Save betweeen 3500€-4500€ monthly and put the money in my investment account
*Write at least one entry each month to update my status

Objective for the end of 2027 (5 years):
*Value from investment assets is 300000€
Last edited by libertadfinanciera on Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

detect_148

Post by detect_148 »

Kudos on the successful career pivot!