Will the cis-female bubble ever pop?

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
EdithKeeler

Re: Will the cis-female bubble ever pop?

Post by EdithKeeler »

Telling a bunch of INTP men to throw women in pools in order to attract them may end badly.
This whole thread has several problematic things....

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

Augustus wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:39 pm
Telling a bunch of INTP men to throw women in pools in order to attract them may end badly.
"what, I threw her in the pool. what more does she want? gosh!"

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

There was a moment's pause, and then she stepped forward abruptly and kissed me hard on the mouth. I put my hand to the side of her face and kissed her back, the taste of our sleep-musted mouths canceling each other out, I hoped. It lasted only a couple of seconds, and then she leaned back against the refrigerator with a hint of a smile.

"Let us never speak of it again," she said.
"Oh yeah?" I said.
"It was just one of those crazy mornings," she said.

I stepped forward and kissed her again, more thoroughly this time. Her mouth tasted like stale milk. I pulled her toward me by her hip. She was so warm, so familiar. She ran her hand through my hair, down the back of my neck. I kissed her ear, her cheek, her collarbone.

"You shouldn't be doing this," she muttered near my ear.

I kneaded her ass through her jeans.
"Fuck, man, it's been too long," she said. "Don't tease me like that."

"Like this?" I said. I unsnapped the top couple buttons of her shirt and kissed her chest.

"Yeah," she said.

I opened the rest of her shirt and kissed the tops of her breasts, pressed my mouth against the maroon fabric of her bra. I got on my knees, kissed her belly button, her stomach spilling out over the top of her jeans. I unbuttoned her jeans and kissed the zipper. I was trying to remember if there were any condoms in the house...

-"Early Work: A Novel" by Andrew Martin -2018 NYT Notable Book

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

Sounds like the kinda thing middle-aged, overweight suburban careerists would read. Pass the wine. Fun fact: have you all read the alcoholic statistics of people over 50? Pretty narly.

C40

Post by C40 »

TopHatFox wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:14 pm
I will say though, it makes me hella uncomfortable to practice any sort of kink or manhandling the first few dates these days. Like, I barely know you, your mental health, dating history, or if you're going to confuse me being dominant/kinky with being a sexual assault perpetrator, even if I ask for consent.

How do you handle those first moments of intimacy with semi-strangers, where you have no idea what the person's boundaries, likes, legal disposition, mental health, is?
First, only sleep with women that you trust and respect. In avoiding problems/accusations/etc, that's probably the most important thing. Be patient. Pass on the women when your gut tells you something could be off. Knowing/learning more about body language, mental health issues, etc. can help with reading people.

[I wrote out a lot more, but I'm not so sure that this is the appropriate place for discussing this in detail, so I've edited it out]

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

THF wrote:Sounds like the kinda thing middle-aged, overweight suburban careerists would read.
Well, that could be said of any book on the NYT Notable list, but it would still only be a half fair judgment :lol: The author and most of the characters in the novel are G2 towards G1 Urban Millennials who seem to have no difficulty getting laid. It's a decent read. On second glance, the bit I quoted does not shine out of context.

daylen

Post by daylen »

G1, G2.. I remember those. What was the model called again? .. or the thread that discussed them?

... and to add to the thread.. I actually am an INTP that threw a girl into the pool when I was 17.. it worked :) ..or at least it wasn't enough to turn her off.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@daylen:

Church's 3 Ladder System.

Even though according to the chart posted above, I as Old Gen-X (1965) should be hideously unattractive to much younger men, I have actually sexually interacted with a Millennial (1989?) as well as a member of the Silent Generation (1941.) This novel confirmed my personal theory of not that much generational difference except for a bit of style. However, style is kind of important. For instance, older Boomer men sometimes put me off just due to their taste in music.

C40

Post by C40 »

oh, that chart does not have any information about what ages are considered unattractive. It's singularly just the one age that is found the most attractive. Men can and do find women of HUGE age ranges physically attractive.

iopsi

Post by iopsi »

Well surely there are millenial that like older women. Much depends on the woman tho, on how well she manteined herself.

But overall it's not common for a 20-something men to be attracted to 50+ women tbh (with exceptions).

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@C40: I was engaging in a bit of hyperbole.

@iopsi:

What you are saying is true, so the fact that a 50-something year old female would have no difficulty whatsoever in rounding up 20 or 30 something year old partners for casual sex is clearly demonstrative of the difference in overall demand for casual sex between the genders. However, it is also the case that rounding up older partners for serious relationship is also not difficult for 50-something year old females due to the demographic bulge of the Baby Boomers.

In the interest of science, here are some of the numbers from accounts of early 50s female:

Age of last 20 men responding to headless shot revealing cleavage with one line personal essay on "dating" site:

37,45, 48,40,38,47,32,54,29,24,65,30,39,33,35,36,28,50,39,42*

Age of last 8 men (I would have to pay money to go further back, because I haven't used this account in over a year)responding to head shot and relatively modest body shot with rather long, amusing personal essay attached on conventional dating site:

One of the factors that somewhat helped me overcome my aversion to dating younger men was an article I read on the topic that made me realize it is a good option if you currently want a lot of free time to pursue other interests such as FI or permaculture projects.

* I would also note that one of the gentlemen in his 20s identified himself as DomDaddyXXX and another commenced his communications with "Hi gorgeous, How are you? Come sit on my lap. Let's talk."

Jason

Post by Jason »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:57 am
demographic bulge
I don't find your findings surprising as they seem to confirm the general reaction you get on this board - men under the age of 40 are willing to let theirs dissipate in lieu of putting in the effort to figure out what are trying to say.

iopsi

Post by iopsi »

@7wannabe5

Yes i agree, both for casual sex and for serious relationships women in general have a much easier time (for finding it at least, maintaining it might be less dependent on the gender and more on the person herself). Both for cultural and biological reasons i would say.

Anedotically, one my friends (late 20s) has several older women as f*ck buddies, but would never have them as serious girlfriends. So i guess having casual sex with younger guys is doable for older women, but having them as boyfriends might not (but i would also assume that both parties prefer the non-serious arrangment).

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Jason wrote:- men under the age of 40 are willing to let theirs dissipate in lieu of putting in the effort to figure out what are trying to say.
True. Older men don't even bother trying.

iopsi wrote:Anedotically, one my friends (late 20s) has several older women as f*ck buddies, but would never have them as serious girlfriends.
Right, but more importantly, do you think he would lend one of them $1500 if her cat needed surgery?

iopsi

Post by iopsi »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:19 pm
Right, but more importantly, do you think he would lend one of them $1500 if her cat needed surgery?
Well he is kind of broke so he couldn't even if he wanted.

For that better to send the cleavage shot to 40s-50s careerists men.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@iopsi:
iopsi wrote:Well he is kind of broke so he couldn't even if he wanted.
Okay, then do you think he would be willing to help one of them put up shelves or dig a trench in her garden?
For that better to send the cleavage shot to 40s-50s careerists men.
Actually, it is the 50s-60s career men who encourage me to send the cleavage shots to the younger men.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

considering that the amount of cleavage probably increases with age, this type of arbitrage makes complete sense.

iopsi

Post by iopsi »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:46 pm
Okay, then do you think he would be willing to help one of them put up shelves or dig a trench in her garden?
Hmm not really. He's the type that wants to do only one thing with women. :roll:
Actually, it is the 50s-60s career men who encourage me to send the cleavage shots to the younger men.
Well i suppose they know how their younger peers can be persuaded ahah

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

Yesterday a pretty mid-20's girl I've gone on a few dates with shared that she's met a 35 year old multi-millionaire finance guy through Bumble, and then another 39 YO lawyer earning 200-300K/yr. What the fuck guys, how are we supposed to compete with that with our 50K a year salary and "measly" hundreds of thousands? lol

If I were a pretty young woman, I feel like it'd be hard not to get into the whole sugar dating thing if men are coming at me with so much $$. (After filtering for care and consent-awareness)

Viktor K

Post by Viktor K »

Sounds like the kind of information that would yawn me away from a next date.