Motorized Horse

Live local, get around without breaking the bank
Jason

Motorized Horse

Post by Jason »

This guy is driving around a neighboring town on a motorized horse. Seems the town is letting him have a go, maybe because it does leave horse shit all over the streets. Public seems to enjoy it.

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/index. ... e_sco.html

Jason

Re: Motorized Horse

Post by Jason »

Good point - the benefits of old man amnesty. Whether it be Santa Claus or George H. Bush, it's like carte blanche to do fuck all. Especially if you're in the chair. I'm getting close to getting my card and believe you me, there will be serious hooting.

Jin+Guice

Post by Jin+Guice »

Do you feel responsible for H.W.'s demise now?

Jason

Post by Jason »

They'll talk about H.W. statesman, H.W. war hero, H.W. last of The Great Men, H.W. Vice-President, H.W. President, H.W. Father of President, H.W. father of not-President. But me, I'll remember H.W. old man, sitting in his chair with a huge smile and an unseen arm lurking behind an angry intern while his wife pretends to look the other way, the capstone picture of a great American life.

OTCW

Post by OTCW »

ffj wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:07 pm
I'd like to think when I go crazy everybody will just continue to let me believe I'm not, that would be nice.
We do.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Jason wrote: the capstone picture of a great American life.
Might have to throw "20th Century" in there.
“Momentarily drained of lust, he stares at the remembered contortions to which it has driven him. His life seems a sequence of grotesque poses assumed to no purpose, a magic dance empty of belief. There is no God; Janice can die: the two thoughts come at once, in one slow wave. He feels underwater, caught in chains of transparent slime, ghosts of the urgent ejaculations he has spat into the mild bodies of women. His fingers on his knees pick at persistent threads.”
― John Updike, Rabbit, Run

Jason

Post by Jason »

Updike and his white, sex obsessed, aging, disillusioned male protagonists who contemplate every epoch of their life with overwrought discussions revolving around the female genatalia. How can anyone stand reading him? Please, let this generation of great, white narcissists1 finally pass from this earth.

Now, can we please circle back to the motorized horse before I get me tood and JLF shuts this important thread down. I was hoping this would be the one that gets me stickied.

1 David Foster Wallace

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

jason wrote:before I get me tood
Used as a verb it kind of evokes a faux Irish accent combined with dentures.

Due to overlapping realms of precocity, I started reading the great white male 20th century narcissists at around the age of 12. So, I was rather surprised when I heard tell that they were misogynists. Of course, it is true that the phrase "into the mild bodies of women" seems a bit dated in the era of Ed Sheeran videos.

Jason

Post by Jason »

"Just a penis with a thesaurus." - DWF on JU.

But what about the old cowboy with a metal plate in his head riding around on a homemade motorized horse? I'm thinking Elon Musk for the Alzheimers set.

Jin+Guice

Post by Jin+Guice »

"He authored several books."

Jason

Post by Jason »

From all accounts, H.W. can also be termed a gracious loser which makes me think of the moment he lost:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ffbFvKlWqE

It's probably best not to look at your watch during a nationally televised debate.

I guess we're officially done with the motorized horse.

Jin+Guice

Post by Jin+Guice »

No, dude, the overweight cowboy who chose to live in New Jersey and build a mechanical horse, he authored several books, according to the article.

Jason

Post by Jason »

So he did. So now along with Philip Roth and Bruce Springsteen, we can add "overweight cowboy who built mechanical horse" to our literary pantheon.

Jin+Guice

Post by Jin+Guice »

@Jason: I read your journal and realized that you live in New Jersey. I'm sorry. Perhaps the only upside is that the Cranford Cowboy is within striking distance. You could either A) befriend him and slowly unwind him psychologically or B) build a faster and bigger motorized horse. I'm guessing the end result would be about the same.

Jason

Post by Jason »

(c) With the recent legalization of both medical marijuana and sports betting, the NJ version of the Kentucky Derby - motorized horses jockeyed by chemo patients racing down the streets with a classic Bon Jovi's faux cowboy song blasting out of some dirtbag's GTO. People can bet on both which horse wins the race and which jockeys cross the finish line still alive.

mferson

Post by mferson »

Looks fun. Just curious here if it can be driven in reverse.

Jason

Post by Jason »

Reverse cowboy? I don't know. I don't think they even attempted that in "Brokeback Mountain."

Gilberto de Piento

Post by Gilberto de Piento »

According to the article he bought the horse rather than built it.

Jason

Post by Jason »

This looks like the manufacturer:

https://www.rodeozonetech.com/motor-ponies

I guess what is unique about the situation is that he is tooling around on this thing in NJ. Maybe in Texas its more common which is reason #45498 I am not moving to Texas. It lists @4,995.00. That seems like a lot for a motorized hobby horse. I'm guessing half the posters here could make their own. A steer goes for $3,195 which based on the video, you don't ride, you only rope. Something about this entire situation makes me depressed in a "life is empty and absurd" kind of way. Just that I belong to a race of people of which a few will spend nearly 5 figures to conduct a motorized rodeo. I'm surprised they don't have motorized clowns. I'm also guessing that a guy who rides around town on a motorized horse he named "Charger" goes home to a sex doll wearing a cowboy hat which he has named "Daisy" or "Ellie Mae." I'm not saying I will blow my head off over this, but it certainly doesn't lift my spirits. Here I am beating myself up over god knows what and there are people who are apparently content spending their time roping battery operated cattle.

I pretty much started this thread in order to make the most superfluous thread possible which I think I accomplished but now its turning on me in this Sartre like fashion and now I am seriously considering stealing that most-likely-on-the-spectrum wack job cowboy's horse and shooting it in it's fake horse fucking head in the middle of the street on a school day and completely Westworlding his crazy ass.

Dream of Freedom

Post by Dream of Freedom »

Looks like he will get some company on the road, Pinky and the brain.
https://abc7.com/amp/pets-animals/resea ... g/5641522/