The Banana Republic and ERE

Intended for constructive conversations. Exhibits of polarizing tribalism will be deleted.
thegreatvoid

Re: The Banana Republic and ERE

Post by thegreatvoid »

greater fool theory . constant flow of new people to exploit. In the old days you could rule over a town or a nation. today the elites have unlimited power. Look up more or less any stock ownership structure and you´ll see, the same american investment firms are major share holders in all companies . Vanguard, Blackrock...

I don´t get why lower or middle -class people have children. breeding next generation slaves.

chenda

Post by chenda »

@stahlmann - It wasn't a criticism, I enjoy reading some of the old threads. Truth be told I preferred the forum back on the day, it was indeed more close knitted and, dare I say, had a much friendlier atmosphere. Although I was on a lot of prescription dugs back in 2011 so ymmhv...

chenda

Post by chenda »

thegreatvoid wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:59 pm
I don´t get why lower or middle -class people have children. breeding next generation slaves.
Probably due to costs benefit analysis. If you probable career trajectory is working the check-out at Tesco's until your 65 it financially doesn't matter much whether you have children at 18 or 28. Hence less incentive to get him to pull out...

SavingWithBabies

Post by SavingWithBabies »

@chendra I think mikeBOS posted on his blog at http://lackingambition.com/ which is still up but the last post was in 2014. I wonder how he is doing these days and how everything has worked out since 2014. I found reading about his real estate ventures to be inspirational (although I also am cognizant that it's the wrong time in my current location to invest in real estate).

chenda

Post by chenda »

@savingwithbabies - yes I hope he's ok. We exchanged some emails back in 2012 I think - his real estate ventures were indeed so inspirational.

TheWanderingScholar

Post by TheWanderingScholar »

Yeah, I miss the old vanguard as well. I miss the old forum community I guess-seemed more like a group of talking over a campfire.

henrik

Post by henrik »

thegreatvoid wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:59 pm
today the elites have unlimited power. Look up more or less any stock ownership structure and you´ll see, the same american investment firms are major share holders in all companies . Vanguard, Blackrock...
I have a piece of both. Guess that makes me the elite with unlimited power, yay!