Fox's Journey: And Onto the Sunlight!

Where are you and where are you going?
TopHatFox

Re: Fox's Journey: And Onto the Sunlight!

Post by TopHatFox »

C40 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:41 pm
It's COMEBACK SEASON for the Foxy one. Yeah buddy!

I happen to know a thicc spicy cuban girl named Salome who lives in Miami. She's smart for her age (probably about the same age as you), I think she's vegan and environmentalist, a dog expert, has a gig housesitting a luxury high-rise condo, and goes to places like Portland for vacations. That's where I met her. I could possibly internet-introduce you through Instagram. She has a spectacular butt.
It sounds like ya'll are happy to have me back. It's nice to feel loved.<3 You all are pretty great too, can't believe you had to deal with me at the trough of NY. Some of those posts were fairly tragic. Let's not talk about 23 :lol:

I'd be down for an introduction. Always taking new leads, all cute & kind outcasts welcome here. May have to do e-mail though, since it's all I use besides text & call these days.

@7wannabe, now that you mention it, there are stray cats everywhere around the campus. They're easy to pet too. Half-exposed butt-cheeks are around every corner too.

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

Got half my orthodoncy payment back and may get a side gig in campus outdoor recreation. I can jive with that.

——————-

Net worth: 70K

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

OCTOBER 2018

Looking forward to finally having this surgery out of the way once and for all in less than 3 weeks! After that, only 3-6 months of braces and I’m geographically free!

Interestingly, I’m starting to care a lot less about money. I think lifestyle is so much more appealing to me. What good does money do me if I can lose lots of it over a lawsuit, injury, civilization collapse, or other calamity. I think it makes more sense to have a good lifestyle while raising some $$. Like, if I’m already living the lifestyle I want to be living when I’m FI, I could easily see paid work as part of that, and effectively be living the FI dream!

Let’s see, what I want to do when FI is travel. The US is good since I haven’t seen 40 states. A job seems more comfortable to me than starting a business, so if I can find a remote job and strap it to a wifi-equipped Class B RV, that would be perfect! I’ll need to do some digging with the MPA. I also know Phd’s can teach online classes remotely, and I could get one for free, but then I’d be almost 30, which is weird as hell to me rn.

I do know that competition for remote jobs is fierce, so that’ll be a challenge to overcome. Not ditching my current job any time soon. Although, after 2-3 years in this job, maybe they’d let me do it remotely. Now *that* would be cool, especially since I like my colleagues and the work.

So, stack cash until the MPA is done in 2 yrs, secure a remote government or higher ed office job that pays at least 40K, and travel. Yeah man, lifestyle and cash all before 30.

To be honest, I’ll probably still work part-time when I reach my FI goal of 400K. Meaningful work is healthy, and even part-time income helps to keep a portfolio healthy and growing. I suppose this is what C40 is doing. The alternative to this is moving to CO after the MPA, but I’m really digging the cake and eat it too approach. I want to see the world before it’s all up in flames 🔥

Belize_Bound

Post by Belize_Bound »

Any research on RV? I looked at them and man, $60-$120k is nuts. So camper vs. trailer is my debate. And how to afford...but I have your same desire for a "WFH" er, "WFRV" job...

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

Yeah I'd probably get a camper too. They're easier to drive around also. The key is that it needs excellent wi-fi/cell service, and that is more achievable now than ever before. Have you done research on remote office jobs, and what have you found?

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

I think I may have found a cute vegan 28 yo as a gf (despite Miami). Fourth date’s coming up. I’ve permanently deleted all online dating and that has felt so good. I’ve been doing more guerrila socializing to good effect.

Market is tanking slightly but that’s actually a good thing in my case. I’d rather mass accumulate in a bear market than a bull. I don’t foresee myself getting fired since I run the damn department.

Health wise, I found this cool coffee alternative called Cafix, and I’m gonna get a standing desk. Also found these weird wrinkle aligners to put on my face at night, and this electrode machine for hair. Very exciting. Surgery is next week so I bought a lot of pea protein and other healthy goopy shit to drink for a few weeks. Not digging the cost of the surgery, but whatever, at this point I just want it out of the way.

TheWanderingScholar

Post by TheWanderingScholar »

@THF:
I don’t foresee myself getting fired since I run the damn department.
Lol. I know how you feel when I am the only person in my entire department interested Climate Change adaptation policy, with the only possible contact being a guy who moved to a local NGO, a couple years. Who has not responded to my inquiry for a couple weeks now.

Congrats on the GF possibility! And yeah I never liked online dating concept. Felt so impersonal in comparison to real life just hanging out and letting things develop naturally.

Kriegsspiel

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Thanks a lot for reminding me of when I had some pea protein. blech blech blech.

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

NOV 2018

Got the surgery! And currently rocking the painful potato look. It’s been a few days and some of the swelling has gone down. Good news is, the surgery went off without a hitch. Now I just need to focus on recovering.

Looks like Weird Girl decided to stop messaging me after I asked her politely to stop taking 2 days to reply after our third date. That is just not behavior I’m willing to tolerate, so I deleted her number. My guess is she didn’t like that I don’t have tattoos, have my shit together, and only enjoy the occasional beer.

Great news is, I’m not looking to add binge drinking to my habits list besides, and I did find Tim Ferris girl.She’s 29 and talks about cryptorrency and market trends, so there’s some potential. The quality of these girls compared to Amherst is so low.

In any case, I have a lot of good things going for me, but I need more exposure and I’m in the wrong market (Miami). Once I heal up, I need to start a new campaign at local coffee shops to get more IRL matches. I think once the braces come off, that will be helpful. The biggest “issue” is working 9-5 and going to grad school. Most of the grad school girls in my program are not attractive to me (bad diet and no excercise showing with age), and I can’t exactly start asking out a lot of undergrads without risking my job. Pretty tired to talk to anyone after a long day too, but I’ll need to figure something out. Some thoughts:

1. Working as an outdoor leader attracts environmentalist-outdoorsy types (check)
2. Working from a laptop at a hip café (will start)
3. Finding energy to go to events after work/school

daylen

Post by daylen »

I find the effort you put into dating fascinating.

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

Mmmm, percocet.

Damn, those first few days after major surgery are no joke.

RealPerson

Post by RealPerson »

TopHatFox wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:00 am
Mmmm, percocet.

Damn, those first few days after major surgery are no joke.
Those first days are tough. All the best to you. Be careful with Percocet. It has gotten many people hooked. A combination of ibuprofen and acetominophen has been shown to be equally effective, without the risk of addiction and without those nasty narcotic side effects. Not medical advice here, please check with your doctor before making any changes. Also remember the magic of ice! Ice is the perfect ERE product: effective, super cheap, and easily usable by the renaissance man.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

daylen wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:03 pm
I find the effort you put into dating fascinating.
+1

being human sounds tough

TopHatFox

Post by TopHatFox »

I look like a person again. Still painful, but I can speak better too. Bite and profile are looking pretty snazzy. Cheers to not wearing down my teeth by 40.

In other news, my pay check now reads $39 every two weeks since I maxed out all deferred comp. The HR people looked at me funny lol. I can’t say my life is materially improved with more $ as far as spending it. My imagination stops at a projector for movies and a folding bike. Maybe some coconut ice cream. Although living in Miami has me thinking I should buy a nose job or something. :x

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

haha is THF living off his savings then? $39 every two weeks is 1/7 jacob :D

brute has done the projector thing. certainly fun for a while, but it did eventually get old. only so many good movies and games.

Jin+Guice

Post by Jin+Guice »

Is nose job your way of saying cocaine, because that is fucking clever.

theanimal

Post by theanimal »

@brute I believe he said hes living with his parents rent free.

Jean

Post by Jean »

It's start with thing like you jaw, which have some health issue attached, and in 2 year, you'll get a fake butt.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Learning the behaviors that evince dominance would be cheaper than nose job. Caveat being that it is not the case that the coin of Dominant and the coin of Pretty will serve to buy the exact same social response on the market.

Jason

Post by Jason »

It does seem like a somewhat labyrinthian exercise to secure approximately four inches of empty space in a vessel slightly more attractive than those currently available to one. But then again, it is a humble reminder that such pursuit is the basis of the shit storm that we, as well as generations before and after, find ourselves sailing through.