Montreal Meetup - September 15

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
Colibri

Re: Montreal Meetup - September 15

Post by Colibri »

Yeah... hopefully before next winter !

Lydz

Post by Lydz »

So let's say, Colibri you said you were gonna be in the city this summer? Why don't we plan according to those dates since no one has suggested any dates yet?

Colibri

Post by Colibri »

Sure, I am actually shopping for flights these days. I need to pick between Air Canada all the way to Montreal with no checked luggage or flying with the local airline (very generous luggage allowance) to Ottawa and then get a car ride the same day to Montreal. Both options are the same price. I am planning to be in Montreal for more or less 3 weeks in July. It is still a long way to set a date but if there are other people available in July... why not ?

Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

@Colibri if you're coming to Ottawa we should do a quick get-together. I live right by the airport. It sounds like you need to waste a bit of time in Ottawa anyway.

Lydz

Post by Lydz »

Or we can do the meeting in Ottawa. I gotta a friend in the area. Or you organize two meetings Colibri :p

For July, pick a date and I'll try not to put my vacation days on it. A wednesday evening would be a wise choice :P but then it might be hard for people who live outside the city to meet. How many people are we who can meet in Montreal anyway?

Colibri

Post by Colibri »

@Demosthenes. I am afraid to not have much time between the time the plane arrive in Ottawa and the car ride to Montreal, same thing on my way back home.

@Lydz. Looks like I will be in Montreal starting somewhere around July 9th to August 1st. I migth go on an one week canoeing trip sometime between those dates. I am going at a wedding the last weekend of July. I don't think I can pick a date at this point but probably in the coming weeks, I will have a clearer picture.

I would much prefer to meet in Montreal, than Ottawa, I don't have much to do in Ottawa. The prospect of travelling there for just a 1-2 hour meet-up doesn't seems worth it, for me anyways.

I am in for a Montreal meetup in July.

Lydz

Post by Lydz »

Alright, I'll wait for your date and we'll see from then ;). Have a safe travel to Mtl!

Colibri

Post by Colibri »

Alright, So I am not flying through Ottawa anymore, here I come Air Canada. Sorry Demosthenes.

Will be in Montreal from July 10th to July 30th with a canoeing trip between July 14th and July 22nd, wedding on July 28th.

Anyone interested for a meetup sometime between July 23rd and July 27th ? will be on the south shore but I can for sure meet anywhere on the island.

Lydz

Post by Lydz »

Me!

Colibri

Post by Colibri »

What about Flamen, back in hibernation ?

I am not familiar with good meeting place in Montreal anymore, so maybe you could suggest something ? Also, any subjects you want to discuss in particular ?

Colibri

Post by Colibri »

flamen wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:10 pm
If we keep shaking the tree then, eventually, enough people will fall into a meetup :)
Hello,

I am in Montreal right now, quite happy to organize a meetup, Lydz was interested, any other ones ?

flamen

Post by flamen »

Colibri wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:49 pm
flamen wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:10 pm
If we keep shaking the tree then, eventually, enough people will fall into a meetup :)
Hello,

I am in Montreal right now, quite happy to organize a meetup, Lydz was interested, any other ones ?
Anytime up to 22nd and 27th too. 23-26 I am travelling with the circus.

In the Cote des Neiges area I suggest the Lacombe and Gatineau corner. There are two pubs and a third one nearby plus a few coffee shops

http://www.sainthoublon.com/restaurants/#3rdPage
http://restobarlamaisonnee.com/

You guys should go ahead anyway - we have to start somewhere :)

Colibri

Post by Colibri »

Cirque du soleil ?

Thanks for the suggestions Flamen, I hope we will hear from Lydz shortly. I am going on a canoeing trip for the rest of the week, back on the 21st. I could make it work for the 22nd or the 27th.

flamen

Post by flamen »

It is a camping trip in NY. My humor is ranges from peculiar to strange.

Lydz

Post by Lydz »

Omg so sorry I was so busy with that uber summer we're having. 27 evening sounds perfect if your guys are still in...!

flamen

Post by flamen »

Lydz wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:50 pm
Omg so sorry I was so busy with that uber summer we're having. 27 evening sounds perfect if your guys are still in...!
27th evening ok with me. You can pick the place and time. If no idea, see suggestions above

Colibri

Post by Colibri »

Did you meet you two ?
I thought the meeting would not happen since Lydz didn't respond (but she did later) and Flamen "My humor is ranges from peculiar to strange" didn't sound positive. I stopped looking at the forum for a bit and had a family gathering on the 27th.

Now I am back home in the North. You two should meet and I will let you know next time I will be in Montreal.

flamen

Post by flamen »

No meeting yet.

Colibri

Post by Colibri »

Hello all,
I will be in Montreal for the next two weeks. If there is any interest for a meetup, please say so.

flamen

Post by flamen »

Ok, I will get out of my den. You are the only one with initiative so this might well be the only yearly occasion to meet. Is this time of the year the vacances de la construction at the North Pole :) ?