Janet from NY

Say hello!!
JBmoney

Janet from NY

Post by JBmoney »

Heyyy everyone.

I'm so glad I found ERE.

I've been on a major "lifestyle design" kick as of recent. I've read both the four-hour workweek and millionaire fastlane... both kind of lit a fire under my butt.

I'm here to be able to chat with like-minded folks who are dedicated to obtaining financial independence at an early age.

Right now, I'm 27 and make my living as a Yoga Instructor. I'm realizing that my weekly income might not be the best for financial independence...so I'm looking for suggestions to earn extra or make a career move that will be better suited for my goals.

Looking forward to speaking to all of you!

wolf

Re: Janet from NY

Post by wolf »

Hi JBmoney! Welcome! Have you read Jacob's book already, "Early Retirement Extreme"? I highly recommend it to you. I wish I would have read it with 27yo. But it is never to late to learn about the whole concept. Try to build a mindset, web-of-goals, etc. That will help you to evaluate options and decide for good ones. Take care!

JBmoney

Post by JBmoney »

Hey Wolf. Thanks so much.

I haven't yet - but I'll certainly check it out! Thanks for the suggestion.

2Birds1Stone

Post by 2Birds1Stone »

Hi Janet,

I see you're from NY. The biggest cost in NYC can be housing. Do you rent a flat? Do you have a roommate?

JBmoney

Post by JBmoney »

2Birds1Stone wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:34 am
Hi Janet,

I see you're from NY. The biggest cost in NYC can be housing. Do you rent a flat? Do you have a roommate?
I'm renting with a roommate right now. $1,200 a month for my bedroom and shared use of a small living room and bathroom. Fun!

TheFIminator

Post by TheFIminator »

Hi Janet, welcome here. Being a yoga teacher, you will have good control over your body and mind, so its a good start. You could make more money perhaps by starting your own Yoga studio, if you are currently working for someone. It might take a year or two to get properly established but if you already have the name out there, your chances may be quite good. Eventually, you can build further by starting several studios and perhaps franchising them. Over the years I have seen people do best when they work on something they have some passion for, so if you do, that may be something to think about to make more money,