I saw Fight Club!

Favorite quotations, etc.
Sclass

I saw Fight Club!

Post by Sclass »

Hah! :lol:

Now I know why some of you guys are always mentioning it here. I loved it.

The things you own own you.

Rule one, never tell anyone you're trying to ERE!

Chad

Re: I saw Fight Club!

Post by Chad »

Yeah, I love that movie. Very anti-consumerism and it's done extremely well.

Scott 2

Post by Scott 2 »

It's a book.

Felix

Post by Felix »

Love that movie. The book is even better.

Riggerjack

Post by Riggerjack »

Loved the movie, they book was essentially a screenplay.

By that i mean usually, when you read a book, and see the movie, there's alot more in the book. this is the only example i can think of, where the movie was better. also, watch it a 2nd time, it's a whole new movie, there is so much more the second time around, like the door closing, covered in drivers licenses!

Kriegsspiel

Post by Kriegsspiel »

I agree with riggerjack. This is the only movie I've seen that is better than its book.

robby152

Post by robby152 »

I would submit that The Last of the Mohicans should also make the list of movies better than the book.

Felix

Post by Felix »

Looks like I'm the only one who didn't like that they cast Brad Pitt as Tyler Durden. :D

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

This reminds me of this book I saw -- "The Cinema of Generation X." Has anybody read it per chance:

http://books.google.com/books/about/The ... fuMi8imuAC

Chad

Post by Chad »

Felix wrote:Looks like I'm the only one who didn't like that they cast Brad Pitt as Tyler Durden. :D
I think so, as I thought he was great in Fight Club. He acted well and I thought a "pretty" guy was a great pick for that role.

Felix

Post by Felix »

I get the idea, and it was perfectly executed with Brad Pitt, I give them that. I would just have preferred someone with a more broken image like Mickey Rourke for example as that was what I had in mind reading the book. Apart from that, the movie was perfect. I agree with all of you on that.

skinnyninja

Post by skinnyninja »

Gotta give Brad Pitt credit, he voluntarily chipped his tooth for the role. Impressive.

EdithKeeler

Post by EdithKeeler »

skinnyninja wrote:Gotta give Brad Pitt credit, he voluntarily chipped his tooth for the role. Impressive.
Wow, I didn't know that. It's one of my favorite movies of all time, and I agree, I thought it was a lot better than the book, and I'm a Palahniuk fan.

I think I'm the only woman I know that likes that movie!

mrswinter

Post by mrswinter »

Edith, I love the movie too - it's one of about five DVDs I own (because they're movies I will watch over and over again). It's something I get something from each time I watch it, not just plot-wise but in terms of thinking about the world a little more. There's a part of me that hopes there's a real fight club out there, not so much for the fighting but the philosophy behind it.

Of course, blowing up a bank or even all the major banks these days would do nothing to them in terms of their long-term profits - they'd just have to rebuild the buildings and the assets within them. If Fight Club was set today, I think they'd be a bunch of hackers who hooked into someone else's internet connection instead.

Ego

Post by Ego »

mrswinter wrote: If Fight Club was set today, I think they'd be a bunch of hackers who hooked into someone else's internet connection instead.
Or maybe it would be a group who starts a movement that disrupts the system one person at a time without actually doing any overt damage to it.

Felix

Post by Felix »

The first rule of lentil club is you tweet about lentil club.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

Lentil Club! Haha, I'm stealing that one.

mrswinter

Post by mrswinter »

Ego wrote:
mrswinter wrote: If Fight Club was set today, I think they'd be a bunch of hackers who hooked into someone else's internet connection instead.
Or maybe it would be a group who starts a movement that disrupts the system one person at a time without actually doing any overt damage to it.
That would be the best way to effect change, I think - but also the least effective for the majority, if that makes sense. A lot of people need major change, or major shocks to their system, to really adapt or think about their own lives. How many people on ERE have tried to talk to someone else about it, only to have that person continue to live exactly as before, not even taking a grain of wisdom from it?

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

Last edited by Stahlmann on Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kriegsspiel

Post by Kriegsspiel »

What movies do you watch, then?

Just Polish ones?