Mail forwarding service? Changing addresses?

Simple living, extreme early retirement, becoming and being wealthy, wisdom, praxis, personal growth,...
TopHatFox

Mail forwarding service? Changing addresses?

Post by TopHatFox »

Just finished putting one address on everything. Now I'm moving. I'm planning on moving again in a few months.

What's the most efficient way to change an address often? I was thinking of getting a PO box or a mail-forwarding service. Are those free?

Also, what's the best way to avoid mail going to previous addresses? My thoughts are getting mail electronically and being thorough on changing to the new address on company forms.

GandK

Re: Mail forwarding service? Changing addresses?

Post by GandK »

Go down to the post office and fill out/sign a change of address form. Very easy. In three months, repeat.

IIRC, you have 6 months between the time you begin forwarding mail and the time the service ends. In your case, once you get your second, final address, I'd start contacting companies and changing the address on file with them then. Until then I'd just let the post office forward everything.

Chris

Post by Chris »

I use a PO box primarily for this reason. It is not free, but is convenient. No worries about mail or packages piling up.

But moving as much correspondence from paper -> electronic will minimize your hassle.

Ego

Post by Ego »

We had a USPS PO Box, then we shifted to a UPS Store PO Box because we couldn't receive UPS packages, then we shifted again to an online PO Box where our mail is scanned and emailed to us. Now we can have any mail forwarded anywhere in the world if necessary.

It sounds like a regular USPS PO Box will solve your problem. If you sign up for Informed Delivery you'll eliminate the need to check the mail frequently because you'll know exactly what's in the box.

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/p ... art.action