Economics in One Lesson by Henry Hazlitt

Your favorite books and links
Lemur

Economics in One Lesson by Henry Hazlitt

Post by Lemur »

I really enjoyed this book and read through it in about 4 days which is a record for me on a book of this size. If anyone read this book, what were some of your major takeaways?

I can't help but feel like becoming an evil capitalist now after reading this text but the book was logically reasonable. It swayed my thinking on minimum wage at least though I need to do more research into that topic specifically. Another big takeaway I got from this book is remember the consequences of the other party, the invisible man that is not seen when every economic decision is made. For instance, we may be sad that John Doe lost his coal mining job, and we may begin to protest Congress to do something about it, but we failed to recognize that somewhere a solar panel installer job was created out of the changing market.

leeholsen

Re: Economics in One Lesson by Henry Hazlitt

Post by leeholsen »

I have read this also and do like it as I am an evil capitalist and proud of it.

I would highly recommend his foundations of morality.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

it's a good gateway drug into Austrian Economics. now Lemur can start reading Man, Economy, and State by Rothbard. then Human Action by Mises.

Lemur

Post by Lemur »

BRUTE wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:30 pm
it's a good gateway drug into Austrian Economics. now Lemur can start reading Man, Economy, and State by Rothbard. then Human Action by Mises.
Brute; I'm actually on page 17 of this book! Enjoying it so far but reading slower because it is already a bit more technically detailed.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

MES or HA?

Lemur

Post by Lemur »

Man, Economy, and State by Rothbard.