Those have very expensive lifestyles.

BRUTE

Re: Only Reading the ERE Elite

Post by BRUTE »

brute prefers the term "financially challenging"

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

I like it. Better yet, they don't have to pay for their own lifestyles.

Campitor

Post by Campitor »

I read any post/comment if the content is interesting or if it contains arguments that intrigue me regardless of avatar/red font/# of posts. I try not to ignore content (ERE or otherwise) that I consider non-elite since this habit tends to reinforce a type of echo chamber of ideas. Most people will bias towards branding something "elite" when it happens to coincide with their own opinions or contain "elite" buzzwords. I'll even read spurious content to see if something of value lies within the debris of exploded error and to gain insight into how people think.

And when RiggerJack or Dragline post I do imagine it's their avatar talking to me - kind of hard not to. Humans are visual creatures and we are hardwired to think in images even when dealing with abstract concepts.

FBeyer

Post by FBeyer »

enigmaT120 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:41 pm
BRUTE wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:32 pm
brute identifies as an Apache attack helicopter
Those have very expensive lifestyles.
Most of the expenses should be subsidized by the defense budget. That explains why BRUTE's savings rate is so high.

Campitor

Post by Campitor »

ImageImage

Take a look at these two pictures and make note of your emotional/mental response to both - which one would be more likely to elicit a favorable response in regards to intelligence, likability, and/or sophistication? Avatars do matter - I don't think many people put thought behind their avatars when talking to their intended audience online.

By the way - I once used the baby avatar in a company email - the positive responses to it were comical.

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

It's safe to say I put no thought into my avatar.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

class="no-profile-rank no-avatar"

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

BRUTE wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:32 pm
brute identifies as an Apache attack helicopter
I sexually Identify myself as an Apache Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky incendiary loads on disgusting mortals. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I'm fucking retarded but I don't care, I'm spacious and beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Apacheby41" and my pronoun is "Che". Please be co-operative and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly and mercilessly. If you can't accept me you're a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle priviledge. Thank you for being so understanding❤

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

(Canada passed bill to identify multiple genders today...)

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

all humans who belong to the set of humans that doesn't find the above funny are also members of the set of humans who are the problem in this country

FBeyer

Post by FBeyer »

Classical_liberal.

I started reading his journal and discovered that he's basically the actually-working version of me, so I've just been vicariously updating my own journal, by reading his instead :lol: