Clinton Coverup Queen

Intended for constructive conversations. Exhibits of polarizing tribalism will be deleted.
Dragline

Re: Clinton Coverup Queen

Post by Dragline »

Yeah, I'll probably "Feel the Johnson" this time around, too, although I won't bother to make up my mind until late October. I honestly have no real idea of what Jill Stein's platform is. (And not really that much about Trump's either, as it seems to change weekly.)

"Least likely to start/engage in more wars" is where I usually end up. HRC has still not convinced me that she's not "Bush-lite" (tastes the same, has a more diplomatic label) in that department.

At this point, I don't think there is much of anything Trump can do/say to beat Clinton. But there are still things that Clinton could do/say (or maybe has already done/said) to lose to Trump. Still waiting for the promised "Assange Surprise". Sounds like a dessert, doesn't it?

Riggerjack

Post by Riggerjack »

Oh, I didn't mean I will vote Johnson over gun rights. Who is President has very little to do with gun rights. For instance, it is easier for me to get silencers (suppressors) under the new rules the BATFE enacted under Obama last January. The assault weapons ban of 1994, and the backlash have pushed all gun rights issues down to the state and local level.

I'm voting Johnson for his actual accomplishments, even though it was in deep red country. He has no real chance, and would get nothing accomplished if he did win. But I'll be damned if I throw my vote at HRC or Trump. The demopubs should be punished for the show they are putting on. A demopub will win, but if Johnson can get 5% of the popular vote, the libertarian party gets a share of the presidential election fund.

Vote Johnson, just to spite 'em!

Ego

Post by Ego »

Dragline wrote:Yeah, I'll probably "Feel the Johnson" this time around, too
Speaking of which.... how about that crazy Weiner? Hills already clinched the angry-wife vote a looooong time ago. Seems like a flashback to 1998. Hope they had a prenup :?

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

Ego wrote:
Dragline wrote:Yeah, I'll probably "Feel the Johnson" this time around, too
Speaking of which.... how about that crazy Weiner? Hills already clinched the angry-wife vote a looooong time ago. Seems like a flashback to 1998. Hope they had a prenup :?
Hah! I honestly don't know why she didn't dump Oscar Mayer in the first round of embarrassment and humiliation, but there are children involved, too. And those "Twilight Zone" comparisons with her mentor.

I'm now just waiting for him to appear on reality TV. "Dancing with my Wiener" :lol:

I need to find the SNL episode from the 90s where the Bill Clinton character appears with a bunch of bruises on his face and insists that "he's clumsy" and "he fell", and the HRC character shows up with a large iron frying pan.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

My kids told me that Jill Stein is anti-vaccine (sigh.)

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

I can't believe more emails are coming out. Why on earth didn't she release them all at the beginning of this mess? They'd be all but forgotten by now. The Clinton's SOP of stonewalling might end up costing her the election. So foolish. Benghazi was four years ago. She had time to recover from it if she'd come clean and shown at least a little contrition.

I know everyone thinks she's smarter and more qualified for the presidency, but her mishandling of the email thing and the Foundation stuff has me wondering if we're giving her too much credit. The Clinton machine is showing some wear.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

reading Jill Stein's platform, brute saw that it's now:
LGBTQIA+
will there be no end to this acronym?

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Well, I must admit I have always been a bit A-curious myself.

Toska2

Post by Toska2 »

lgbtqqiaap 2s

They forgot metro-, lumber-, and sapio-

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

edited due to bleeding heart liberalism and feelz
Last edited by BRUTE on Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chad

Post by Chad »

Extremists being extremists. Hopefully, this ridiculousness is the beginning of the end for the political correctness movement.

Ego

Post by Ego »

I had to google it to figure out why the I and the A were added. Many of the old-school equality fighters started to drift away when the B and T were added because it muddied the water. It is interesting how the Millennial cult of hypersensitive inclusiveness has caused such fragmentation. Team specialization is becoming increasingly granular and each granule needs a name.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

I think A is a quickly growing demographic. I call them the pajamas-people because they wear them in public and they keep them on in private. The first attempt at a cuddle-buddy (AKA human emotional support animal) app business model failed, but there is a market.

GandK

Post by GandK »

Ego wrote:It is interesting how the Millennial cult of hypersensitive inclusiveness has caused such fragmentation. Team specialization is becoming increasingly granular and each granule needs a name.
Yes. I prefer the 1980s model where everyone was just "weird" in his own way instead of us each having four syndromes, eleven tendencies, two spectrum disorders, and a par-tridge in a pear treeeee.

Tyler9000

Post by Tyler9000 »

jennypenny wrote:I can't believe more emails are coming out. Why on earth didn't she release them all at the beginning of this mess? They'd be all but forgotten by now. The Clinton's SOP of stonewalling might end up costing her the election. So foolish. Benghazi was four years ago. She had time to recover from it if she'd come clean and shown at least a little contrition.
Her actions indicate that the contents of the emails are far more damaging than the optics of hiding of them. I'd wager that Benghazi is the least of her worries.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

Tyler9000 wrote:Her actions indicate that the contents of the emails are far more damaging than the optics of hiding of them. I'd wager that Benghazi is the least of her worries.
brute thinks at this point it might just be reflex. after 4 decades of stonewalling and lying until proven wrong, one does not simply tell the truth. doesn't really matter what the truth is.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

If the reports that her server was wiped after the subpoena are correct, that seems like a big deal to me. Isn't that the equivalent of shredding documents after a filing? IIRC, that's what brought down Arthur Anderson in the Enron case.

Based on the FBI report, I'd say she's also on the hook for her health now. If she was unhealthy enough to have it affect her job performance as she stated to the FBI, then she needs to show those health issues have been resolved. She can't say her health is irrelevant while using it as an excuse for her job performance.

I know I'm repeating myself, but I think she's gotten some bad advice on this. She should have let this all come out a year ago. The DNC made sure she had no real competition in the primaries, so she had time to recover. When I step back and look at it objectively, it's shocking that she's not crushing Trump in the polls. She was the anointed one with the big political machine behind her and Trump's done almost everything wrong since the convention, yet most polls indicate it's a close race.

I don't think it's sexism either. If people aren't giving her the same benefit of the doubt that they would give someone else, it's probably from Clinton fatigue more than sexism. The fact that Bill Clinton is intricately tied to their Foundation's questionable activities adds to the perception that they are 'Team Clinton' and takes away from her ability to distinguish herself from him.

I wonder if Biden is assembling a team this weekend. Don't you think that if he came out and condemned her actions and said she should withdraw, she'd have to? He really holds the power here, right? Normally, I would say that's premature, but the election is only two months away and they would probably want to make a move before the debate.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

funny how the "hillary's health is a conspiracy by right wing nuts" is suddenly turned into a legitimate point by the FBI. if that was strategy by Team Trump, it was genius.

does jennypenny seriously think Biden would stand a chance? not sure what the perception of him is in general, but brute's perception is that Biden is an incompetent old pervy uncle that likes to touch women he shouldn't be touching on live TV. he's Bill Clinton without the charm or competence.

Riggerjack

Post by Riggerjack »

@ffj,
I finally watched the CNN video you posted on the 31st.

Almost at the end, they touched on a bank wire fraud case with the Clinton foundation, investigated by 3 FBI offices, with 3 recommendations to expand the investigation, only to be stepped on by a Justice Dept committee.

How is it that this isn't being screamed from the rooftops? Even the Clinton cash video didn't mention it.

Riggerjack

Post by Riggerjack »

Oh. Right. My wife just reminded me. Clinton corruption isn't news anymore.