This Will Crack You Up!!

Ask your investment, budget, and other money related questions here
HSpencer

Post by HSpencer »

CAUTION: This piece has some rather bad language in it. Don't read it if that sort of thing offends you.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/consum ... ayc,19691/

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

It's funny because it's true! :-D
(Maybe I should start writing pieces like that ... that would be fun. In a distant past I wrote some snarky creative pieces, mostly about hippies.)

Sven

Post by Sven »

Hehehe.. nice article.. a little rough, but it might be an eye-opener (if the people who's eyes need to be opened also actually read articles like that :-))!

Surio

Post by Surio »

@Spence,

Very funny indeed. Not just the USA, I wish more urban, poor imitations of the global consumer "model" the world over read this.
@Jacob,

Yes, I have enjoyed such snarky articles from you in the past... I also liked the snarky editor's comments from you in the the guest posts your DW made in the distant past!

AlexK

Post by AlexK »

I linked to it on facebook, my friends need to read this.

HSpencer

Post by HSpencer »

You may like taking a look at some of the other "The Onion" articles. If you like funny, vulgar, sarcastic to the max stuff, it's a good site for that.

Surio

Post by Surio »

Oh I was a frequenter to the Onion when I was an office dweeb! Not lately though. As Jesse Ventura quips in Predator, "I ain't got no time to [s]bleed[/s] read" ;-) (corny, I know!)

HSpencer

Post by HSpencer »

@Jacob
We took a digital vote, and are suggesting you write a nice, snarky article for us. I would do it myself, but I can see visions of the torches and mobs coming up the hill to capture and lynch me.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

Whereas I'm expendable ;-P

HSpencer

Post by HSpencer »

Not expendable. As OIC (Officer in Charge) of the forum, and sole owner of ERE, LLC, you can do anything you like and your followers will consider it as a gift to them.

Mo

Post by Mo »

That was a great read: "winged skull" seat covers. I also liked the jab at Ed Hardy stuff. I don't know how that whole Ed Hardy thing got going, but these days it seems to appeal mostly to a somewhat ironic crowd.

HSpencer

Post by HSpencer »

@Mo
I had NO idea who Ed Hardy even was. I googled his name and it showed up something rockstar? With designer clothes. I had never heard of his name, or probably in my circles, I wouldn't have.

Bytta

Post by Bytta »

@HSpencer: As far as I know, Ed Hardy is the fashion culmination point for CUB (cashed-up bogan) or what you call rednecks who come into sudden money in US :D. So your lack of brand familiarity actually puts you in a better position.
I remember reading similar sarcastic article from Jacob not long ago.
This article cracks me up. I bet those people also has fluffy cover for the gear stick and non-slippery-winged-skull-pattern- rubber for the steering wheel.

DanielZ

Post by DanielZ »

Here is another good one about the economy by the onion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtg7fNFd ... ture=feedu

msrich

Post by msrich »

Both of these are truly hilarious!