Post your MB Personality Type

Meetups, joint projects, classifieds, dating, exchanges, buying, selling, etc.
wood

Re: Post your MB Personality Type

Post by wood »

ISFP - Adventurer.

I always end up with the I, the rest is abit random depending on the questions and how I feel/think in the moment. The description was entertaining and occasionally spot on. I can't imagine there are too many ERE ISFP's out there.

Solvent

Post by Solvent »

I hadn't done a MB before, so on a whim I clicked through. ISTJ:

Your personality type: “The Logistician” (ISTJ-A)
Strength of individual traits: Introverted: 49%, Observant: 100%, Thinking: 56%, Judging: 13%, Assertive: 65%.
Role: Sentinel
Strategy: Confident Individualism

100% on observant. That seems high? I'm not really sure how to interpret that. What's the oppositional quality for that one?

I dislike personality tests generally. My context for them, though, is the business environment where a consultant comes in and tests you and gives everyone some paper with strategies on it. I always come out as an introvert (duh) and the advice I'm usually given is along the lines of:
"As an introvert, your weakness lies in not speaking up often and loud enough to put forward your point of view. To counter this, try harder to speak up more frequently and louder."

Which I've always found distinctly unhelpful.

The description, though, suits me in many ways.
"Dependency on others is often seen by ISTJs as a weakness" - yep
"honesty is far more important than emotional considerations, and their blunt approach leaves others with the false impression that ISTJs are cold, or even robotic" - maybe so
"seek stability and security" - yeah
"The facts are the facts, and ISTJs tend to resist any new idea that isn't supported by them. This factual decision-making process also makes it difficult for people with the ISTJ personality type to accept that they were wrong about something" - I do have difficulty admitting I'm wrong, yes

What really rang out for me though:
"Nothing is quite so challenging for ISTJs as ongoing debates about who is responsible for what, resulting in work that's shoddily assembled – or worse, incomplete"
Oh goodness, my current workplace has terribly long meetings with people taking about problems they're not responsible for and can't change. And the things they are responsible for suffer through endless debates about who, in particular, is responsible.
It makes me long for the partner at the consulting firm I used to work for, who within minutes of deciding an issue needed action, would assign the task, and specify what action was expected by what time. Damn I miss that.

thrifty++

Post by thrifty++ »

"As an introvert, your weakness lies in not speaking up often and loud enough to put forward your point of view. To counter this, try harder to speak up more frequently and louder."
Im not surprised you have found that unhelpful. I think people often misunderstand introversion. For me it really comes down to whether you acquire energy from being on your own or being with other people. I have no issue speaking up in front of people on a regular basis despite being an introvert and see it as a separate issue.

heyhey

Post by heyhey »

It's like saying, "as an introvert, your weakness lies in being an introvert".

Why is being an introvert seen as a weakness?

I do not need to speak up and put forward my point of view. I have my point of view; I see no need to persuade other people to it, or even share it with them. I'm fine with them keeping their point of view.
Last edited by heyhey on Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

PERSONALITY: INTP ("THE LOGICIAN")
VARIANT: TURBULENT
ROLE: ANALYST

Introverted 79%
Intuitive 70%
Thinking 40%
Prospecting 6%
Turbulent 68%

Ha! Turbulent. No surprises there. I go back and forth between P and J, but test P more often. Based on the description, I'm definitely a P. The parenting section in particular is spot on.

heyhey

Post by heyhey »

BTW if anybody has trouble with the "Worst Possible Thing" link posted above, the original post seems to be here:
http://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-priebe/ ... lity-type/

Scrubby

Post by Scrubby »

thrifty++ wrote:I have no issue speaking up in front of people on a regular basis despite being an introvert and see it as a separate issue.
The way I'm introvert about this is that I don't like to speak to an audience just to prove I can do it. If I actually have something to say I don't mind saying it to a lot of people, but I will have tried to think it thoroughly through in advance. A lot of extroverts don't seem to make this distinction. They are proud of being able to talk for a long time. If they are given 60 minutes to explain something they will fill that time, even if they could have given the actual information in a fraction of the time or in a short email. I see this as wasting everybody's time, and I would be ashamed if I was the one doing it.

EMJ

Post by EMJ »

Uncovering The Secret History Of Myers-Briggs
"Yet though her creation is everywhere, Myers and the details of her life's work are curiously absent from the public record. Not a single independent biography is in print today. Not one article details how Myers, an award-winning mystery writer who possessed no formal training in psychology or sociology, concocted a test routinely deployed by 89 of the Fortune 100 companies, the US government, hundreds of universities, and online dating sites like Perfect Match, Project Evolove and Type Tango. And not one expert in the field of psychometric testing, a $500 million industry with over 2,500 different tests on offer in the US alone, can explain why Myers-Briggs has so thoroughly surpassed its competition, emerging as a household name on par with the Atkins Diet or The Secret."

https://digg.com/2015/myers-briggs-secret-history

heyhey

Post by heyhey »

Your personality type: “The Defender” (ISFJ-A)
Strength of individual traits: Introverted: 90%, Observant: 32%, Feeling: 57%, Judging: 34%, Assertive: 12%.
Role: Sentinel
Strategy: Confident Individualism

I've done this before and I always get the I and the J (even though J is low on this one) but the others can change. I like the description of the Defender, but it doesn't suit me in all respects.

Here's the description from the "who you were in high school" site. I didn't marry my high school sweetheart, but I might have if he'd asked at the right moment, or if he hadn't taken up alcoholism very early in life.

ISFJ
You were the teacher’s pet. You got straight A’s, scraped by socially and ended up marrying your high school sweetheart. You were too sweet to be picked on but too shy to be popular so you stuck close to a few good friends and just rode your teen years out.

GreenBike

Post by GreenBike »

After discovering MBTI and personality types, I read about it and took the test. Really, this was a bit too late in my life, I have suffered years of Company-abuse without understanding my profile - always beeing a bit too smart, - never really feeling at ease with the other people ! :shock:

Tested INTJ. Read the description. Big revelation. Good description of me. :ugeek:
http://www.personalitypage.com/INTJ.html

Nowdays I'm in ERE mode, Financially Independent hopefully, don't want to fight or interact with all the stupid career-people anymore. I Like Substance not Show. My Projects now are Python and Java programming, Travelling & Biking, and studying Evolution and Physics. :D

Thanks Jakob for all insights !!

toto123

Post by toto123 »

INTJ (strong INT, slightly J).

I discovered this test in a forum dedicated to systematic trading. I didn't care much about it until I realized that 35 to 40% of the members who took the test were also INTJ, and about 15% were INTP. It made me think that there is some "truth" in this test.

Noided

Post by Noided »

ISTJ. Supposedly I should be very conservative in social terms, but actually I am quite the opposite. But many aspects of the personality type do check out.

IlliniDave

Post by IlliniDave »

A couple days ago I took a test designed to measure MB type, and for the first time I scored INFJ where in the past I've been an INTJ consistently. Not a huge shock because my T has always been more marginal than the IN_J scores. I must be getting older--the nerdy cable channels are always running commercials for guys over 50 experiencing "Low T". Mine fell all the way to F. I didn't realize they were talking about MB types.

thrifty++

Post by thrifty++ »

I almost always get INFJ results. However most of the behaviours I exhibit are INTJ behaviours. While F matches my ideals I don't really live up to them or practice them. Which one prevails? Maybe I am misaligned and not living right,

sea

Post by sea »

I almost always test INFJ too, although I'll get INFP occasionally.

sea

Post by sea »

GandK wrote:Try this on for size:
INFJ: You must work for a company that you know to be morally corrupt, exploiting the lower classes of society to benefit the rich. You are not allowed to quit or leave the job.
I've seen this several times and shudder every single time. That was my first "real" job in 2003 (22 y.o.) at a Fortune 15. I left in 2006 and have been at not-for-profits (although some of them are not much better) or smaller privately-owned companies with a flatter power structure ever since.

bottlerocks

Post by bottlerocks »

I was testing INTJ very consistently when I first discovered these forums and now I'm solidly ISTP (S&P are low-ish though). Wonder what changed.

FBeyer

Post by FBeyer »

ENTJ-A
77% 66% 85% 71% 63%
I guess that's a pretty strong profile percentage-wise.

I've been thinking though, that if one was a turbulent personality, the A/T percentage would tend fluctuate as you re-take the test whereas a 'true' strong A would be quite set. In other words, A shows up as A, T shows up as both A and T depending on your current mood.

themodernchap

Post by themodernchap »

INTJ, DW is INTP

Percentages-
Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(34%) Thinking(12%) Judging(3%)
You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (34%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (3%)

I had never heard of these tests until I started reading here, the write-up for INTJ does sound very much like me.

peerifloori

Post by peerifloori »

I've always enjoyed the MBTI. In high school and early college, I would flip between INFP and ENFP. Then there was a solid 10 years or so of INFP. Interesting, I just retook it and scored INFJ quite definitively. It looks like this is related to becoming more of a planner than a creative. I feel like both the INFJ and INFP descriptions describe me pretty well.

For the INFJ decription from the link in the OP, my strategy is "Constant Improvement". Too true. I am always trying to figure out how I can do every single thing better. Sometimes I wish I could just relax and let things be. (So does my husband).