Rossox

Re: Rossox Journal (From France)

Post by Rossox »

April update :

Salary : 1417€

-Expense-

Rent and Mortgage
: 460€

Works in my appartment : 649€ (I have to pay my kitchen for 600€)

Food : 84.48€

Unexpected : 0€

Car mortgage : 100€ (My mother borrow me 1000€ to buy a car, and i have to give it back this money).

Car insurance : 40.23€

Gasoline : 20€

Alcohol : 18.76€

Internet and phone
: 2€

Electricity and water in my flat : 10€

Hobbies : 31.2€

TOTAL EXPENSES : 1415.24€ Too high but it's because of my kitchen.

I didn't invest in April.

I broke one of my 2 window in my flat so i have to change it this month...It will cost me 600€, thanks to my mortgage i have again 1200€ on it, i can pay with that. Sometime i hate myself... :roll:

wolf

Post by wolf »

Rossox wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:40 pm
I'm a bit "anxious" to live alone... but i'm sure it will be good for me..
How is it, living alone? Have you already accustomed to it?

Rossox

Post by Rossox »

Well the fact is i was in holiday in my father's flat during one week in the south of the France.

But it's strange, i feel alone now that i'm coming back in my flat... i'm bored since 2 days.. and the weather isn't good, so i can't go hiking... i stay in my flat but i have nothing to do in it..

wolf

Post by wolf »

Yeah, I know that. It is difficult during bad weather. I also live alone in a flat. Sometimes, especially when the weather is bad outside, it can get frustrating and boring. My guess is that this is becoming more common in western countries, because 1-person-households increase over time. What I try to do then is to reconsider my web-of-goals. That means, that I try to to loosely coupled activities, such as reading a book, watching a video about a total different topic, or listening to a podcast. I try to do diverse activities which has nothing in common. At the end, it is challenging, when the weather is bad. Well, take care of your mood and spirit!

Rossox

Post by Rossox »

And the fact i broke my window 2 days ago doesn't help... i feel so bad right know. All the time i try to fix something, it's worse than before !!

I go back to work this afternoon, so it will be good for me, i won't be all day long in my flat like a goldfish in his tank..

Thank you for your kindness !

Rossox

Post by Rossox »

I had my new toy 3 days ago... for the moment, ride is good ! Yesterday, i have done 12 km by car to go to work and 15 km by bike... a pleasure ! :) (And the same to come back home)

https://www.decathlon.fr/velo-route-tri ... RoQAvD_BwE

A carpenter came this morning, he'll try to fix my window, but if he can't do it, i have to change everything... and he calculate, for my 2 window, their frames isn't right... that's why they rub when i close them. My craftman did a very bad bad job... i hate it !

wolf

Post by wolf »

The bike looks very good and very fast! I would like to buy also such a roadbike. How much does it take you to go 15 km with this bike?

Rossox

Post by Rossox »

Thank you :) it takes me approx. 40mn .. Average speed between 20-25km/hour :) sommetimes i'll go from my home to work (25km) by bike :)

wolf

Post by wolf »

sounds great :-) Keep on riding! Two years ago I sold my car and went car-free. Since then I only go to work by bike from March till December. In January and February I use the public transportation system. The distance to work is also about 15km (one-way). I really like to ride my bike to work. Of course there are also "challenging" days, when it's rainy, windy, or both. But overall, it was a good decision in retrospective.

How is your way to work with your bike? I mean where do you ride thos 15 km? Is it nature, through a city, ...?

Rossox

Re: Rossox Journal (From France

Post by Rossox »

I love to take my bike to ride the maximum as possible :) when it will raining i'll use my car .. I'm not so brave as you for the moment.. Maybe later :) i ride in a cycle band just next to the lake for 12km ( and without car, so there is only bike and roller !!) and 3 km in the city :) i'll take you a picture soon of my view if you want to ;)
Personally i'll keep my car to travel with, it's a mini van, so i can leave for some days in france when i don't work and sleep in it :)

Rossox

Post by Rossox »

For Wolf ! Look at this, this is the view i have during all my ride :) (28Kms or 15kms, depends of the day and working hours) I can't expect better... During the 28 or 15 kms, there is just approx 5kms where i am next to cars on the bike path.

EDIT: I have already done 160kms by bike, 90% for going to work...

I have calculated that for every 100kms i do to go to work by bike, i save 11.6€, so 0.116€ per km. (My car consume 7.5L/100km, and the lowest price now is 1.55€/liter). So i saved (160*0.9) = 144km * 0.116 = 16.7€ in less than 2 weeks.. I will reset the count in June to be precise :)

wolf

Post by wolf »

Thank you for the pictures. It looks like vacation for me. :-) It looks like a beautiful ride, almost relaxing I guess. In addition with your saving calculation there are some synergies, like a web-of-goal (saving, relaxation, scenery, health....) Take care and keep on saving ;-)

Rossox

Post by Rossox »

Thank you Wolf ! :)

May Update :

Salary : 1895€ (thanks to my quarterly bonus)

-Expense-

Rent and Mortgage : 200€

Works in my appartment : 35€

Food and household products : 112.52€ (Little high, but a lot of thing to buy this first month in my flat..)

Unexpected : 37.2€ (Keys for my entrance hall)

Car mortgage : 100€ (My mother borrow me 1000€ to buy a car, and i have to give it back this money). 500€ Left.

Gasoline : 140€ (Gone to see my father and my sister in the south of France during 7 days)

Holiday : 100€

Alcohol : 37.78€ (Friends come to visit me so i have to bought some beers and wine)

Internet and phone : 2€ (phone) + 112.99€ ( creation and commissioning of my internet line)

Electricity and water in my flat : 10€

Hobbies : 268.48€ (bought my bike,some accessories for it and went to drink some beers with one of my best friend i see only a few times a year for his birthday, so 20€ spend for it).

TOTAL EXPENSES
: 1193€ Too high but it's because of my bike, my holiday's week and my car mortgage.

I saved 200€ on my saving account (to pay my tax on my revenue at the end of the year, approx 1000€ this year, and my property tax, approximatively 400€ at the end of the year too..)

I invest 500€ in my World ETF this month. My portfolio grow by 3% this month, at 38621€.

I'm always looking for a solution for my window, don't want to pay 700€ to change everything. Normally, i just have to change the "opening part" of it..

Done 190km by bike (instead of the car) to go to work in 2 weeks in May, so approx 22€ of gasoline saved and 15€ in maintenance (approx 8€ of maintenance for 100km, it's an average cost in France). A total of 37€ saved.

Won't have a lot to invest this month, cause i have to pay the water of this winter with my mother (when i was linving with her). 110€ approximatively.

Always trying to reduce my expense to live at 900€/month.

Weather isn't very good here, so i can't go to hike, and ride my bike for a long distance... hope it will better in June !!

Rossox

Post by Rossox »

My portfolio growth by 2.61% this month, not so bad. At the 31.05 it was 38473€.

Rossox

Post by Rossox »

June Update :

Salary : 1342€

-Expense-

Rent and Mortgage : 212.5€

Works in my appartment : 50€ (someone come to fix my window)

Food and household products : 119.46€ (Little high)

Unexpected : 110€ (Water i have to pay when i was living with my mother)

Car mortgage : 100€ (My mother borrow me 1000€ to buy a car, and i have to give it back this money). 400€ Left.

Car insurance : 40.23 (due to a trip in a old friend's house)

Gasoline : 75€ (due to a trip in a old friend's house during a weekend)

Holiday : 0

Alcohol : 36.77€ (Friends come to visit me so i have to bought some beers and wine)

Internet and phone : 2€ (phone) + 15€ (Internet)

Electricity and water in my flat : 10€ (i use only 19kwh in May and 13Kwh from 01 to 21 June..)

Hobbies
: 107.5€ (bought some accessories for my bike), and i'm going to a concert with some collegues tonight after the work.

TOTAL EXPENSES
: 878.46€ I'm in !! Less than 900€ !

I saved 90€ on my saving account (to pay my tax on my revenue at the end of the year, approx 1000€ this year, and my property tax, approximatively 400€ at the end of the year too..)

I invest 40€ in my World ETF this month. My portfolio down by 0.77% this month, at 38573.27€.

I bike for 404 km to go to work this month, so i saved 78€ in gasoline and maintenance... so proud ! :D

DutchGirl

Post by DutchGirl »

Your bike ride to work looks really great, Rossox! It's probably a pleasure to do, most days. You also easily get the necessary, healthy, cardio exercise every day. I've recently started biking more, too, and found some awesome views in my area as well, I'll post them in my own diary here, today. And so it seems like the "earning back" time of your bike will be less than half a year, because it cost a little bit over 300 euros (bike + accessories) and you save almost 80 euros per month by riding the bike. Awesome!

Is the window really fixed now? I hope so for you!

Keep going & bon voyage!

Rossox

Post by Rossox »

July Update :

Salary : 1395€

-Expense-

Rent and Mortgage : 200€

Works in my appartment : 0€

Food and household products : 104.94€

Unexpected : 19€

Car mortgage : 100€ (My mother borrow me 1000€ to buy a car, and i have to give it back this money). 300€ Left.

Gasoline :94€ ( some trips to go to music festival !)

Holiday : 0€

Alcohol :40€ (

Internet and phone : 2.35€ (phone) + 15€ (Internet)

Electricity and water in my flat : 44.31€.

Hobbies : 108€ ( Some tickets for music festival)

TOTAL EXPENSES : 727.03€ I'm in again.

I saved 300€ on my saving account (to pay my tax on my revenue at the end of the year, approx 1000€ this year, and my property tax, approximatively 400€ at the end of the year too..)

I invest 412.74€ in my World ETF this month. My portfolio up by 2.54% this month, at 39964€.

I bike for 317 km to go to work this month, so i saved 62.2€ in gasoline and maintenance...

Personal : I had sex with a young collegue girl at a music festival (she is 19yo). We keep that for us, it's our secret.
For the moment, we just have some good time together, but she told me she won't fall in love with me cause she does'nt want to be in a relation for the moment. First time i have this kind of relation... it's strange cause i'm afraid to fall in love with her.. for the moment it's not but i'm a good romantic guy... and if she have sex with other guy's i think i might not like it...
Don't know what do to, does someone was in this situation before and can give me some advices ?

Thank you

Kriegsspiel

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Rossox wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:02 am

Personal : I had sex with a young collegue girl at a music festival (she is 19yo). We keep that for us, it's our secret.
Not anymore.
For the moment, we just have some good time together, but she told me she won't fall in love with me cause she does'nt want to be in a relation for the moment. First time i have this kind of relation... it's strange cause i'm afraid to fall in love with her.. for the moment it's not but i'm a good romantic guy... and if she have sex with other guy's i think i might not like it...
Don't know what do to, does someone was in this situation before and can give me some advices ?
What do you need advice for? You banged a chick, no need to get all emotional.

Rossox

Post by Rossox »

To don't fall in love with her, cause we do some things together, and each time i appreciate her more than before, even if she destroyed herself with alcohol and drugs..

Rossox

Post by Rossox »

Hello everyone, i would like to know how you do to deal with loneliness... i feel soo lonely this moment... Hower i do sport ( but alone), go to the beach (but alone), practice ukulele (but alone)... everything i do is alone... and it starts to weigh me.. any advice ?